GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best New Forum Member of the Month."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/12/10 at 20:52
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Was just thinking that we could maybe have a monthly vote on who the best new member of the month is. This would hopefully encourage new members to post good, interesting chat discussions, reviews and general good content. Maybe there could be one extra GAD awarded for the winner? Could be a relatively cheap way to gain valuable new members?

Just an idea but what do you guys reckon?
Tue 14/12/10 at 01:08
Regular
"Short Attention Sp"
I think that "Best new member of the month" would ultimately hurt the site. The current system is excellent, encouraging contributions from people and rewarding accordingly. How would one choose who is the best overall?
Mon 13/12/10 at 22:56
Regular
"How Ironic"
I don't see any need for it. The fact that games can be won should be enough to bring people in. It's spreading the word around that's the trouble.
Mon 13/12/10 at 20:35
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
pb wrote:
*whispers* bring back Notables *whispers*

*whispers*seconded*whispers*

I think it's probably a good idea to maybe reconsider my initial post when we get a more steady influx of new members appearing.
Mon 13/12/10 at 18:48
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
HiddenWingz wrote:
I've only been here a few weeks, but I guess it's a good idea. Depends what other people think!

I'm always wary about posting, because the last Forum/Review poster I was involved with, wasn't happy with the fact I was dyslexic. Nermind! Anyway I just like being part of the Forum.

Don't you worry, you're doing fine HiddenWingz :¬)
Mon 13/12/10 at 18:32
"Are you sure?"
Spelling and dyslexia etc. are no problem - it's new users that start with: " hi um bored any 17yo gurls want to chat" etc. etc. !

My spelling (in real life) is terrible - so I make use of inbuilt browser spell-checkers to try and help me out :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 13/12/10 at 18:27
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
I've only been here a few weeks, but I guess it's a good idea. Depends what other people think!

I'm always wary about posting, because the last Forum/Review poster I was involved with, wasn't happy with the fact I was dyslexic. Maybe if you have a set of guidelines...Actually, I think you do somewhere. I recall reading something before my first post. Nermind! Anyway I just like being part of the Forum.
Mon 13/12/10 at 11:29
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
I reckon that most of the new members that would be eligible for such an award are quite capable of winning a GAD award through merit and submissions alone, so it's probably not necessary.

I still think there should be a basic IQ/Typing/Reality test to pass when signing up as the majority of the 'new' posters shouldn't be left in charge of a keyboard :¬P

One of the other forums that I'm a member of requires an person signing up to copy a sentence that basically says "When using the forum, I will use correct spelling and grammar." ... where any mistakes makes you copy it up again. I imagine it wouldn't be that much of a deterrant, though.
Mon 13/12/10 at 10:03
"Are you sure?"
I still think there should be a basic IQ/Typing/Reality test to pass when signing up as the majority of the 'new' posters shouldn't be left in charge of a keyboard :¬P

This post was sponsored by The Darwin Awards

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 13/12/10 at 09:07
"possibly impossible"
*whispers* bring back Notables *whispers*
Mon 13/12/10 at 08:43
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Willing to consider this, however I really do not think it would be justified as we don't have that many new members coming in.

We would have to advertise the fact that we are giving prizes away to potential new members for it to be even remotely effective at actually bringing new people in I think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.