GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"freeola.com website availability"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/10 at 13:05
"Are you sure?"
Anyone else having problems viewing freeola.com webpages today?

I'm seeing lots of failed pages, broken images and CSS not loading etc.

EDIT: Customer sites appear fine! :¬)
I have some domains to renew today so it would be nice to see things stable.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 12/12/10 at 18:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Not yet. Seems to be a 'something' that is affecting us and some other ISPs. No one has managed to get to the root cause yet though.

Never mind Eccles...just thanks for the 'heads up' :¬) I'll get back to MOH and BlackOps then :¬D
Sun 12/12/10 at 16:49
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not yet. Seems to be a 'something' that is affecting us and some other ISPs. No one has managed to get to the root cause yet though.
Sun 12/12/10 at 14:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Finally got here....failed pages, broken images, CSS not loading and a total 'this is my web site as I build it look'. Is there no end in sight yet? :¬(
Sun 12/12/10 at 00:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
The Egyptians actually built the Pyramids in less time than it took for this to appear :¬(
Sat 11/12/10 at 20:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Thanks moto
Webserver1 all looking good to me :¬)

It took me [i]many
attempts to post this message so I hope you get things sorted soon on the stability front. Normally when there are LINX issues you see lots of people shouting?[/i]

Customer updates all sorted and seem to be OK. However, taking 'multiple' attempts to post this reply. If one person is a people, then two persons are 'lots of people' and we are now shouting :¬D
Sat 11/12/10 at 17:56
"Are you sure?"
Thanks moto
Webserver1 all looking good to me :¬)

It took me many attempts to post this message so I hope you get things sorted soon on the stability front. Normally when there are LINX issues you see lots of people shouting?

@DL
I haven't had any problems with customer sites (apart from this afternoons short outage with WS1) during freeola.com's network problems so you shouldn't have a problem with your updates.

I've been pretty busy on the update front this week and it's all been normal service. If you are seeing something different please let us know.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

[b]TIP[/b]: Make sure sure always COPY your post before posting in case it goes pear-shaped and you need to PASTE it :¬(
Sat 11/12/10 at 17:15
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Freeolaweb1.freeola.net should be back up and running now, sorry about that.

As for the general network instability, we are continuing to investigate these issues but they certainly seem to be general network issues rather than something specific, we believe its outside of our network as Eccles said yesterday.
Sat 11/12/10 at 17:02
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL,
Don't forget you can just use the 'Reply' link so as not to quote the previous post each time ;¬)

Hi Hmmm,

Was the only way that 'any' post would work for me....doesn't look promising at the moment. It's good news that FTP is working as need to do some 'critical' changes to customer sites like yesterday...have been waiting for some stability and improvement:¬(
Sat 11/12/10 at 16:12
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
Don't forget you can just use the 'Reply' link so as not to quote the previous post each time ;¬)

Pages are still hit and miss for me today.
Refreshing[F5] the page once or twice normally gets through!

I managed to renew a few domains this afternoon without it messing up :¬)

More seriously sites on Webserver 1 are down at the moment...
But I can see Freeola are on the case and FTP access is still working which is normally a good sign the drive hasn't failed! :¬D

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 11/12/10 at 15:53
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Dragonlance wrote:
Hmmm... wrote:
Eccles wrote:
[i]Unfortunately this is out of our control and no one seems to want to say anything definite regarding the cause.

Welcome to the other side[/s]!!! :¬P

Still problems I'm afraid...very slow page loading, nightmare login etc etc :¬([/i]

This 'problem' still seems to exist...so perhaps there's no point in asking for an update on any solution?

Login to MyFreeola fails, yet using 'back' finds you logged in! Page loading is slow and often fails.....' IE diagnose problem page' displays....oh joy of joy.

No other web sites seem to display this problem and connection remains quick and fast. Changing Home Page away from Freeola solves the problem, but anything Freeola is a nightmare :¬(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.