GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"freeola.com website availability"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/12/10 at 13:05
"Are you sure?"
Anyone else having problems viewing freeola.com webpages today?

I'm seeing lots of failed pages, broken images and CSS not loading etc.

EDIT: Customer sites appear fine! :¬)
I have some domains to renew today so it would be nice to see things stable.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 14/12/10 at 09:34
"Are you sure?"
Yep - still causing me problems as well this morning while trying to use MyFreeola.

I see some providers mention closing/routing around LINX while they are having issues. I quess this isn't an option?

Might be worth putting the item back on the Status page if it's going to continue? EDIT If customers manage to reach it!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 14/12/10 at 08:25
Regular
"I like turtles"
Site still seems to be playing up for me this morning, don't know if it's the same problem rearing it's ugly head again ?. Just thought I'd mention it as I've not had an issue on any other sites.
Mon 13/12/10 at 18:42
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Bob and Eccles :¬)
Mon 13/12/10 at 17:47
Regular
Of course, just as I get on to post that there is an issue it resolves itself! The packet loss has stopped now so it looks like it's been resolved but we will continue to monitor the situation in case it happens again.
Mon 13/12/10 at 17:46
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the update bob.

That was painful.
Customer sites on Webserver 2 (standard hosting) went unavailable as well. Not sure if that was related to the freeola.com outage?

I couldn't raise a Support Ticket, please remember Twitter is always a useful communication tool when these things happen :¬)

EDIT: Twitter has lots on LINX reports this time - haven't seen that during freeola.com's previous problems.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter
Mon 13/12/10 at 17:40
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
bob wrote:
... so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

Like.... now!
Mon 13/12/10 at 17:35
Regular
You may find that our sites are running slowly again this afternoon. LINX have just advised us that there is packet loss on an inter-switch link in their network.

LINX is the main UK internet exchange and depending on the route through it from your internet provider to the site you are trying to access you may find that you have heavy packet loss and as such the site loads slowly or not at all.

Engineers at LINX are working to resolve the issue so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.
Mon 13/12/10 at 12:02
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
It seems a lot better today so I'm guessing it's been fixed. Users of other ISPs having this problem are also reporting the issue as resolved.
Mon 13/12/10 at 09:56
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
It looks like it :¬)

No updates, but the Status item has been closed.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 12/12/10 at 22:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Is this an illusion or are we now back to usual? :¬)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.