GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WHO HAS SEEN A PICTURE OF THE GAMECUBE!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/08/00 at 21:11
Regular
Jeez, IT'S A SMALL BLUEISH CUBE!!!! WHAT ARE THEY DOING!!!!!!
Tue 16/10/01 at 08:15
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
Defiantley no HD though!!

*begins to cry*

"What has the
> world come too when you can't buy a hardrive for your games console"

This was a response to another post stating that there wasn't any add-ons... I was just pointing out the Ninty hasn't made a HD for the GCN which I personally beleive is a good thing especially when us mere PS2 owners end up having to pay £100+ for ours!! The only down side to the mighty N not choosing to produce some form of High capacity storage will be when GCN owners have to start disc swapping during games!!

Why oh why did Nintendo choose such a small disc?
Tue 16/10/01 at 08:11
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

Fraid not, the game will load as quick as they did on
> Cartridges.

Actually this will be down to how clever the developers are. Rare have already stated that Dino Planet could have some "between level" loading times of up to 5 seconds... Not quite Cart standard is it?

Though i will admit that Nintendo have done some clever stuff with streaming to reduce the ammount of loading!!

Carts had instant loading times due to the way they worked. the Rom sitting on the board staright into the processor... You will always have some form of laoding/start up with Discs... Hence the dawn of HD's.
Tue 16/10/01 at 00:18
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
> the game cube controller the new one is even worse its massive it looks TWIce as
> big as the actual console.

Ever heard of a thing called perspective? nah? thought not...You make yourself look the size of the eifel tower if take a picture at the right distance and angle. The gamecube pad is roughly the same size as the PS2 pad.
Mon 15/10/01 at 23:06
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
everyone has their own opinion it's just some people can't justify it
Mon 15/10/01 at 21:25
Regular
Tyla wrote:
Defiantley no HD though!!

*begins to cry*

"What has the world come too when you can't buy a hardrive for your games console"
Mon 15/10/01 at 21:24
Regular
Tyla wrote:

WELCOME NINTY FANS
> TO LOADING TIMES!!! Fwahaahaaaaaaa!!

Fraid not, the game will load as quick as they did on Cartridges.
Mon 15/10/01 at 21:21
Regular
Asher D wrote:
>

Oh my god.
> Colours. how sad. And Nintendo have little kids games like Mario. Except PD and
> Conker's Bad fur day. Who cares about colours.

Haven't you seen those ugly limited edition pieces of crap Sony have released?

Im not gonna even get into the discussion of Marios not a kiddy game your brain is obviously very small and I wouldn't want to overload it.
Mon 15/10/01 at 21:14
It not only looks great as it is, but I saw a pic of the DVD player version that you can hook up to your tv. It's silver and chrome, and looks so good! It can also be used to play games obviously, but it just looks like something from the future, it's amazing!!
Mon 15/10/01 at 18:16
Regular
I really under estimated the gamecube, I saw some bus game running on it and the graphics are beautiful, now Im thinking of getting one come the UK launch. This shows that no console should be under estimated when it comes to console wars in fact I dont think that there is anyonw who can predict right now who is gonna win.

Ooops this is a sony forum.
Mon 15/10/01 at 16:22
Regular
"  "
Arn't they aimed for 3-15 year olds i heared.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.