GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"london 2012 Olympic Logo: yay or nay?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/07 at 15:14
Regular
"eat toast!"
Below is a link from the bbc displaying the new logo that they decided upon:

Linky

Oh dear...Looks like a duffer. To me, this logo is cheesy, retro and wouldn't look out of place in a 1980s anti drugs campaign or on an episode of saved by the bell. Something tells me someone believe bad art was great art. Especially comparing it with other attempts at the logo appear to be miles better. Will children honestly be appealed by the olympics? If at all?

Hell, the logo is probably far too retro to appeal to kids.

So your opinions on this sh-(horrid) logo...
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:14
Regular
"eat toast!"
Below is a link from the bbc displaying the new logo that they decided upon:

Linky

Oh dear...Looks like a duffer. To me, this logo is cheesy, retro and wouldn't look out of place in a 1980s anti drugs campaign or on an episode of saved by the bell. Something tells me someone believe bad art was great art. Especially comparing it with other attempts at the logo appear to be miles better. Will children honestly be appealed by the olympics? If at all?

Hell, the logo is probably far too retro to appeal to kids.

So your opinions on this sh-(horrid) logo...
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:24
"possibly impossible"
I recommend that they rethink it (and get their money back from the company that provided it).
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:25
Regular
"eat toast!"
that logo costed 400,000. Was it worth 400,000?
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:31
Regular
How much did the BBC logo cost? I could have done it for half that =)

So far the world is not impressed with our Olympic logo =/ I even find threads about it on american webcomic forums =S

I think they should go back and rethink it. They have plenty of time, so don't brush all this off and say "ah well tough you'll like it in 5 years time".
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
I've even heard comments that it looks like a swastika... But have you seen the official website yet?

Uh gearish.
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:42
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Its certainly a bold choice but I think its ok actually. I think its better than most of the user submitted alternatives on the bbc website anyway.
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:44
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I dont like it at all. I could do better :S
Tue 05/06/07 at 15:45
Regular
"eat toast!"
conception wise it was a good idea to attract children. But implementation: A bit iffy. I doubt kids like the logo. But we need a poll on that.

But are kids really interested in the olympics and does the logo look fun and child friendly?
Tue 05/06/07 at 19:13
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
That is really quite horrific! Please tell me the advert made, was in fact made by a 10 year old with access to Microsoft Paint and not a top designer with too much money and time to spend on it!?!?

I think I could probably do better by spilling coffee on my desk and drawing around the dried residue with with a random assortment of Crayolas... :-o Did I work out how they managed to design it?!

That really is VERY poor. I really dislike being a member of the UK at times :) Think it's time to move to America and live down the road from Ladybird!
Tue 05/06/07 at 19:19
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Oh dears - new problem with the logo: [link=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6724245.stm]click here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.