GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/12/10 at 14:38
"possibly impossible"
Christmas. Is it Bah Humbug or big warm hug? Whichever way you look at it, you can't avoid it.

Our tree is now up. Well, I say tree, it's only about 3 foot tall and has to stand on a table to be seen, but we don't really have space for a proper sized one this year with the Guinea Pigs taking up the space where the old one used to sit.

That's enough for now, the other decorations go up nearer to Christmas. It's enough for the kids that they have a tree, Advent Calendar and a Nativity Scene that they can gradually add figures to.

The kids, of course, are constantly looking at catalogues and shelves of toys every time we go shopping. There's so much stuff these days it's unhealthy.

Our Christmas day will involve being at home and relaxing (for the most part) while the kids play with their new toys (if they've been good). Boxing Day is the trip down to the parents' house. The thing I'm looking forward to most is a break from work, though.

Anyone else got their decorations up or holidays planned?
Sun 05/12/10 at 13:28
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I have my Xmas Tree's up. I hate the build up to xmas. Its all want want want. Know how my mum felt every year now. I know im going to love xmas day when it get's here. This year though i just cant wait for it all to be over. Something about this year thats just been totally rubbish. Roll on the new year!
Sat 04/12/10 at 22:21
"possibly impossible"
Eldest daughter went to her friend's Christmas party today. I've got my work do next Friday and we're also hoping to have a smaller group evening out.

Not long after the kids will be breaking up from school too. It's a scary thought.

I've got 23rd December to 4th Jan off, maybe longer if I decide to extend the January side but I think going back to work will probably be a good idea after that long spent at home!
Sat 04/12/10 at 21:24
Regular
"How Ironic"
Torino wrote:
pb wrote:
[i]Christmas. Is it Bah Humbug or big warm hug? Whichever way you look at it, you can't avoid it.

I think Christmas time is brilliant. December is both my favourite and least favourite month of the year.[/i]

My least favourite part is how fast December goes. I like the build-up, but it gets rushed so much.
Sat 04/12/10 at 21:03
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
pb wrote:
Christmas. Is it Bah Humbug or big warm hug? Whichever way you look at it, you can't avoid it.

I think Christmas time is brilliant. December is both my favourite and least favourite month of the year.

I really enjoy Christmas, it's a chance to spoil the kids if nothing else, but it's all those extra pennies I need to find to get everything they want that's the killer obviously.

Luckily the Taxman has footed the bill this year, it's about time he did something useful lol!
Fri 03/12/10 at 17:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
The buildup to Christmas starts tomorrow. I'm not feeling it yet and haven't really given it much thought. Considering I'm organising everything, that could be a problem but things tend to come to me with around a week to go.
Fri 03/12/10 at 17:40
Regular
"And in last place.."
I will be based in Ivybridge for almost a week but we will be out and about I'm sure, not sure where yet though.
Fri 03/12/10 at 16:45
"possibly impossible"
Might see you there then Dav! (of course I realise that Devon is a big place)
Fri 03/12/10 at 16:25
Regular
"And in last place.."
I think we are putting the christmas decorations up on Sunday.

We are off to Devon again for christmas, weather permitting. It's my daughter's birthday on boxing day so it is double presents for her.
Fri 03/12/10 at 15:46
Regular
"How Ironic"
Ours were up the night of the 1st. I myself finally got involved in the christmas spirit, and made a christmas cake a few weeks back. Have been 'feeding' it brandy the past few weeks, so it should have a nice kick to it. The build-up is the best bit to Christmas, I hate that feeling on boxing day, when the whole holiday spirit just seems to go. The day itself has a feeling like no other though.
Fri 03/12/10 at 14:51
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
Have the tree, just no decorations yet. Also missing some cards and presents I needed to get thanks to the snow, may need to go online shopping crazy this year! A mad dash through a card shop, doesn't sound like much fun. Though the postie hasn't shown for over a week...Maybe the icicles by the front door have scared her off.

Will hopefully be spending Christmas with my Mum's family, then New's Year with my Dad's family. Also have a portfolio due in first week of January, so will be working on that too.

Hope everyone has a good month!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.