GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Plain Text Problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/11/10 at 11:44
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Hi, Mrs WBG here.
I'm trying to upload pics and text from a site (I have permission) but in spite of doing what's required on text editor I'm unable to get beyond the HTML script.
I found a site which gives a 'shortcut' to plain text but one is required to access function.phpfiles on the Active Theme Directory of your site (freeola).
I emailed freeola help who replied that they didn't have such a thing and couldn't advise where to find out.
I could return to the site but thought I'd ask here first as you've always kept me on the straight and narrow,so to speak!
Sat 05/02/11 at 11:57
"Are you sure?"
SLMWORLD wrote:
could anyone help me..
i try to copy tamil language font using google transliteration onto text editor..but when page is published on the web it is all mixed and all english.. how to do it please>>

Hi SLMWORLD and welcome to the Freeola forums!

[It might have been best to create a new thread to save any confusion - but it doesn't matter]

I've been having a play for you and it looks as if it's all to do with the meta tags and DOCTYPE that are used by Instant Pro (I'm assuming your question is for a Freeola InstantPro site?! - if not then this should still help you.

It's all to do with the 'tags' that are being used to control the HTML standards. This is all above my head really(!) but this is what I've found works and fails.

It appears this tag that Instant Pro uses causes your problem:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />
when used in combination with the other InstantPro tags.
Removing it displays the Tamil text. Unfortunately you can't do that in InstantPro (I tried it on a copied test page).

Adding this tag:
<meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> fixes it. You can add custom meta tags in InstantPro but unfortunately it's placed below the existing tags so doesn't seem to take effect in my test.

Here's a non-InstantPro site displaying Tamil text in a web page where it does work. My 'play' site doesn't stick to any 'html standards'(!) but where it defaults to quirks mode etc. it works!

So if you are working with InstantPro it looks like you will have a problem, unless Freeola can help you. As a get-around you could put the Tamil text in a graphic and add that to your site.

But if it's not an InstantPro site then you just need to sort out your meta tags :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Fri 04/02/11 at 23:41
Regular
could anyone help me..
i try to copy tamil language font using google transliteration onto text editor..but when page is published on the web it is all mixed and all english.. how to do it please>>
Wed 01/12/10 at 22:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Whereas it's true to say that this forums' usernames are extremely varied and 'unique', I have to agree with Hmmm on this one....'a little off' :¬)
Wed 01/12/10 at 15:52
"Are you sure?"
Whoops - sorry everyone!
I wish I hadn't mentioned it now...

I have a young family and they are often looking at my screens. Seeing 'blagging git' just seems a little off to me but please don't take offence just ignore me, it's my problem. After all not everyone can have a normal username like me!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 01/12/10 at 14:50
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Meaning, I don't think Hmmm... was saying anything untoward. Merely just trying to be helpful.

And the name is fine, which was what he was trying to advise you about.

I believe you may be reading too much in to the situation. It can be considered that way (as with anything in life), but we don't consider it as such. Which is all that matters on here.
Wed 01/12/10 at 14:49
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
I realise how valued and helpful Hmmmm is.But I've been struggling with my website and the last thing I expected--after all this time,as you've pointed out yourself--is a suggestion that my husband's profile name might be considered offensive!
I am also aware of this being a family forum .
After this exchange,I'm afraid all my enthusiasm for continuing with the webite is seriously on the wane.
Wed 01/12/10 at 14:42
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Warhunt wrote:
Don't know how I missed this to be honest. But regardless... I'll clear the issue up.

The forums are family location, and we have set rules. Hmmm... is a moderator and respected member of these forums. He has a reputation for being helpful and providing good, friendly advice.

He was merely advising that it might not be ok with our rules (as we have a very high standard for that sort of thing on here sometimes). He certainly wouldn't have taken offence himself (or tried to cause any), he was just trying to be helpful.

As it is, the name is fine. We would have mentioned it by now if it wasn't.
Wed 01/12/10 at 14:41
Regular
"(Given by wife)"
Meaning,please.?
Wed 01/12/10 at 14:39
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Don't know how I missed this to be honest. But regardless... I'll clear the issue up.

The forums are family location, and we have set rules. Hmmm... is a moderator and respected member of these forums. He has a reputation for being helpful and providing good, friendly advice.

He was merely advising that it might not be ok with our rules (as we have a very high standard for that sort of thing on here sometimes). He certainly wouldn't have taken offence himself (or tried to cause any), he was just trying to be helpful.

As it is, the name is fine. We would have mentioned it by now if it wasn't.
Tue 30/11/10 at 22:10
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Welsh Blagging Git wrote:
Or do you mean because the profile name is Welsh Blagging Git?
Surely not! Are you saying that families living in the year 2010 are going to take offence at such an inoffensive word? Exactly what sort of families use this forum?
As an aside,it was our daughter who gave her Dad the title and,as she's no longer with us,we've kept the nickname.
I must admit to being rendered speechless if your objection is based on that term.

:¬(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.