GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo here we come!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 5'.
Sat 20/11/10 at 16:33
"possibly impossible"
So, it's finally coming. Pre-ordered copies will be landing on doormats from Monday.

It's been a long wait too, more delays than the UK railway system and set backs made it seem like we'd never see it. But shops have now got copies behind the shelves safely waiting.

So, who else is looking forward to the game? Are you worried about the 5-10GB install? What are you doing to prepare?
Fri 31/12/10 at 20:37
"The Videogame King"
5-10GB install?
For Gran Turismo 5?
For the PS3?
Tue 30/11/10 at 11:00
Regular
"Dango Daikazoku"
I was only interested when Sebastian Vettel advertised the new Adrian Newey car *Formula One fan*. Looks quite interesting and have been a fan of the franchise, but might wait and see what other people say first!
Mon 29/11/10 at 02:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
International B license in the books. Found it overall easier than the IC. Only had a few problems with the cone slalom one. I also got to level 12 so it will be on to IA when I play it next.

Also had a go at B-Spec. Seems okay. Got a little bored as I watched my rookie driver blow the competition away in a far superior car in 2 events.
Sat 27/11/10 at 21:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I think in some cases it's easier when you ignore the racing lines. There is a test late on in IC where you've got a car with rear-wheel drive and if you try to do it using normal breaking you've no chance. I found that the only way I could do it was to handbrake turn left across the grass, then struggle back to the left before the next corner into the right, handbrake that, and then handbrake left into the last corner. So many times my ghost car passed me on the last corner.

Trial Mountain I liked because it's so short. There's only so many places you can go wrong. I still hate the cone slalom on A
Sat 27/11/10 at 21:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The problem I tend to have is I miss the gold time by less than a tenth of a second and then trying to find that last little takes a while.

I had a problem with the BMW around that corner in Trial Mountain. It was something .200 and I was .201 for a while. I had a fair amount of trouble with the hairpins at Indy in the Nissan. Was 2 tenths off for a while and then just nailed it. The others were fairly easy apart from IC10. I only took the lead in the last 2 turns of the final lap after about 20 attempts. I was pleased with the way I drove that car though. I was driving like a legend. :D
Sat 27/11/10 at 21:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I found the IC License to be surprisingly easy, until the last event. I'll be having another go at that tonight.
Sat 27/11/10 at 20:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Managed to get my way to gold in the IC license, A few very frustrating events in there and managed to work out a way to win IC10.
Fri 26/11/10 at 20:24
Regular
"Monochromatic"
IC-10 is rage inducing. It's more of the same but with a crappier car and even more sensitive collision detection. I'm being disqualified without even realising I'd hit something. What's all the more annoying is I have 9 Golds for this licence but after 40 attempts, I can't even finish this section.
Fri 26/11/10 at 17:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
A-10 is a little tricky but I've found the car handles quite well drifting round the corners. I was passing 2 or 3 cars around the outside of some corners
Fri 26/11/10 at 16:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
A-10 is ludicrous. Awesome car, fast track, overtake 15 cars in 1 lap but if you touch one of the 15 other cars, if they break infront of you, if they get in your driving line or they simply decide to take you out, you'll be disqualified instantly. I've had about 40 attempts at this and only finished 3 times because you have to drive agressively but it's impossible not to nudge someone at that speed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.