GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ninty Talk"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/12/01 at 13:14
Regular
General Chat About Nintendo.
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:14
Regular
"Linux and Unix Rule"
General Chat About Nintendo.
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:22
Regular
Great topic Ming, now feck off.
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:37
Regular
"Linux and Unix Rule"
YOU REALY ARE SAD,
WHY DO YOU THINK I'AM MING?
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:39
Regular
"the burning sky"
Shall I post my review of Warioland 4?
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:41
Regular
"Linux and Unix Rule"
yeah why not, this is what its for.
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
OK Here it Goes............
If you liked Super Mario Advance (and I guess that's a yes) you'd be more foolish than a Bowser getting frisky on a waterbed if you gave this gem a miss. It's a perfectly formed piece of platforming genius and should fill the gap (and many stockings) until Super Mario Advance 2 comes out.

With the great lack of an original game featuring the classic Mario title for our hand held friend the Gameboy Advance it's time for us to turn to Mario's evil obese counter part. But this time Nintendo have not let us down this game literally sparkles with glee and with the highest quality and gameplay from start to finish.

With the great success of the three Wario Land titles for the gameboy colour, it was only a matter of minutes before we saw a new version on the brand-spanking new GameBoy Advance. Nintendo however have steered clear of the quick fix of revamping the old version as many console producers and game manufacturers have done before. In this dramatic new title we see huge changes and new moves to get use to. For a start the shoulder buttons really come into play in this game, for example, to make Wario run you press the newly added shoulder buttons and he gets faster and faster until he eventually blurs giving him the ability to break down walls.

Another ability that is new to this version of the game is the amazing ability to break blue blocks on the ground by jumping from great heights. (Don't look down, Hehehe) whilst holding the shoulder button and hitting the tiny blue squares on the floor. The only problem is that you have to make the climb again if you miss (Oh poor you).

Also being attacked by bad guys isn't always that bad for Wario, For example being stung by a bee gives Wario the added ability of being able to hover up into the air (But only for a limited amount of time), and being bitten by a bat turns him into a bat (very weird, but very helpful).

Also there is a new objective, once you reach the end of a level you must activate a switch and race at full speed against the clock to find the 60's time warp to take you back to the main level selection area. In each level, Wario must collect a key that can open the passage's next level. Unearthing a CD in each level not only scores him big bucks, but the chance for rap master Wario to spin his new tune in the pyramid's Sound Room. Wario cannot face a passage's end boss until he collects all four Gem Pieces hidden in each level. Adding even more tension is the timer that ends each level. When Wario lands on it, he has limited time to dash back to the entry point. In many levels, Gem Pieces and CDs can only be found after starting the timer. Extras in this way-deep game include minigames and videos starring wacky Wario impersonators

Wario Land 4 also has extras, with Mini Games to unlock so you're very unlikely to tire of its seemingly endless amount of levels and things to do. And if you ever manage to complete them all then there are still the very mysterious hidden disks to find in each level.

You're never likely to tire of this terrific sequel and for GBA owner this is an essential purchase. You just have to hope you are lucky enough to be bought it for Christmas. Just as I was! Wario Land 4 is rated "E" (Everyone should own it!!!!!!)

Check out Wario's amazing Website: http://gameboyadvance.com/wario/
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
If you want me to post any other reviews, just ask me and i'll see what I can do. Although some reviews make take longer for me to find in my database/ write than others.
Thanks
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:50
Regular
"Linux and Unix Rule"
lol-very Nice
i think ill get wario...but i never got mario cuz it was just a remake on the advanced of mario 2 on the snes
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:51
Regular
"Linux and Unix Rule"
so long as its about ninty...the more reveiws the better i say..
nice job
Sun 02/12/01 at 13:55
Regular
"Linux and Unix Rule"
lets hope that Super Mario Advance 2 is abit more original than 1.....i surpose i could live with a remake of mario worlds from the snes...or even just a hole remake of super mario all stars!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.