GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"great deals at comet"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/04/03 at 21:36
Regular
In this month's edition of OPS2 magazine there is an advert for Comet saying that you 'buy one get one get one free*' on selected games including Metal Gear Solid 2, Medal of Honour Frontline, Stuntman, TimeSplitters 2, Minority Report, Bmx XXX and many more.

But today as I wandered down to my local Comet store in Harlow they said they knew nothing about the deal and they told me to come back another day and to bring my magazine with the advert in it.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any other games included in this deal and if you have succeeded in getting a game free after paying for another in Comet. In the magazine in the small print at the bottom of the page it says the deal is valid from the 14th March 2003 to 11th April 2003 so it should have been on!

Please reply to my queries as I really want to know a I am planning on going back on Thursday!

Thankyou!

pring
Sun 13/04/03 at 10:58
Regular
Comet schmommet
Mon 07/04/03 at 15:32
SR may be cheaper on some occasions and not on others, but they try to delivery on release date or close enough, unlike other online retailers. Also, why walk somewhere, or in my case, miles to get into town or to my closest game store to buy a game when Im almost guaranteed to have a game delivered to my door on release day or within 2-3 days of the order.
Some people would rather have the game straight away after going to the store and spending more money. Whereas I dont mind waiting a few days and saving money.
I have plenty of other games to pass the time until the game arrives.
Plus, SR are cheaper anyway and provided a decent service.
Mon 07/04/03 at 12:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i did say pretty much. the reason i would still go for SR is because its tried and proven, has shops ane you can order over the phone not the internet.
Mon 07/04/03 at 12:12
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Clazon wrote:
> their site only has 2 special offers and the rest of their prices are
> pretty much the same as SR's

As much as I hate to say it, the site in question are cheaper than SR on almost everything. That's where I buy all my stuff from....
Mon 07/04/03 at 11:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
their site only has 2 special offers and the rest of their prices are pretty much the same as SR's
Mon 07/04/03 at 11:14
Regular
Try playup.co.uk they have got some good offers on at the minute, The Getaway for about £25
Thu 03/04/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I got Timesplitters 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty from Comet's Buy one get one free sale. :)

But there was only a few games in The 'Buy one get one free sale':

Max Payne : XBOX
BMX XXX : XBOX
Minority Report : XBOX
Stuntman : PS2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty : PS2
Timesplitters 2 : PS2

I asked if I could get Max Payne for PS2 in the sale but they said no. :(
Wed 02/04/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
pring wrote:
> im going back tomorrow night to show them and they said that if I can
> prove the deal is on then I can have any game in the offer as
> compensation!! *Splinter Cell and DMC2* (Can't wait!!!)

Heh, hope you got that statement in writing or else they're going to ask you to prove that they said you can have any game in the offer as compensation :)
Wed 02/04/03 at 20:40
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Why didn't you take the mag back and shove it in their face?

im going back tomorrow night to show them and they said that if I can prove the deal is on then I can have any game in the offer as compensation!! *Splinter Cell and DMC2* (Can't wait!!!)
Wed 02/04/03 at 14:53
Regular
"Proud PS2+GC Owner"
What Gamecube games are on special offer?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.