GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CD Collection"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 17:20
Regular
I'm on the lookout for new CDs. My mates are all into the Linkin Park, Sum 41 stuff, so I can't get any decent recomendations there. So, I've decided to post my (rather small) CD collection, and you guys can point out the enormous gaps in it.

Without further ado, in no particuler order...

---

Nirvana - Nevermind

Papa Roach - Infest

The Offspring - Smash

The Offspring - Americana

Natalie Imbruglia - Left Of The Middle

Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill

Alanis Morrisette - Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie

OPM - Meanace To Sobriaty

Eminem - Slim Shady LP

Sum 41 - All Filler One Killer (see what I did there?)

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Crush - Jon Bon Jovi

Led Zeppelin - II

Five - 5ive

Vengaboys - The Party Album

Ibiza Summer Anthems 98

David Bowie - Best Of (cheers SonicRav)

Placebo - Black Market Music

Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing

Download 2000

Garbage - G

Garbage - Version 2.0

Gorrillz - Gorrilz (no matter how hard I try, I can never spell that right)

Dr. Dre - 2001

Dr. Dre - The Chronic

Kid Rock - History Of Rock

Xzibit - Restless

Spooks - S.I.O.S.O.S.

The Fugees - The Score

Celine Dion - Unison

Wu-Tang Clan - The W

Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope

The Corrs - Talk On Corners

Shakespears Sister - Hormoneally Yours

Now 38

Oasis - Whats The Story (Morning Glory)

Lauren Hill - The Miseducation Of

Morcheeba - Big Calm

Savage Garden - Savage Garden

The Prodigy - Music For The Jilted Generation

Whew, I think thats it.
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ok, here are most of my very few CD albums:

Hoobastank - self titled
System of a Down - Toxicity
American Hi-Fi - self titled
Staind - Break the Cycle
Deftones - Around the Fur
Deftones - Adrenaline (on MiniDisc)
Papa Roach - Infest
Incubus - Morning View
Limp Bizkit - Chocolate St*rfish and the Hot Dog Flavoured Water
Limp Bizkit - 3 Dollar Bill, Yall$
Limp Bizkit - Significant Other
The Offspring - Conspiracy of One
Nickelback - Silver Side Up
Muse - The Origin of Symmetry

And there are still AT LEAST 30 CD's that I have in mind to get next!! I made a list once, and only 2 from that list are on this one here!
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
And what about any Nirvana albums?

What's the best one since they have loads out?
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Talking about albums, anyone got the Puddle of Mudd one - Come Clean.

I've heard a few tracks and they seem pretty good.

And is there a reason that I can find basically no Feeder tracks on Kazaa? I got Yesterday Went Too Soon (which is great) and the 2 on Gran Turosmo 3 but that's about it. Got to the end of downloading Insomnia and then it cut back to the beginning. Grrrr....
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:26
Heh. SK. Their Lyrics will be very insightful, but the over all music will be poppy. I don't mind poppy, I just prefered them fresh and new. I must say, though, their lyrics have improved since "swim". In muchness ness ness. Don't get me wrong, they are great. I just hope they realise their path to Poppy crap, stop, think for a second, turn round and start walking back up to their best works. Same with Stereophonics, but I can forgive them : "mmmmmm Kelly Jones". Oh and I can forgive Feeder too "mmmmm Grant.."
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Back in black"
That CD collection does suck, if you are 13 or under you are forgiven!
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:18
Oh, and Sum 41 - All Killer, No Filler
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:17
My CD collection sucks, because I normally just download individual tracks, have only been into music for about 3 years, and don't want to pay over 10 pounds for something that I could download for free. Anyway, I have:

WWF: We Gotta Wrestling
WWF Volume 2
WWF Volume 3
WWF Volume 4
WWF Volume 5
WWF Slam Jam
WWF Wrestlemania
WCW Mayhem
Papa Roach - Infest
Andrew WK - I Get Wet
Enimen - The Marshall Mathers LP

I also have the Alkaline Trio on my computer, but keep forgetting to burn it :0)

Silly me :op
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Back in black"
Get:

Green day: Insomniac
Feeder: Swim
Muse: Showbiz
Machine head: Burn my eyes
Machine head: More things change
Machine head: Supercharger
Metallica: Master of puppets
Emperor: Equilbrium IX
Nine inch nails: Downward spiral

Err... that will get you started, I'll then change you into a big black metal fan:D
Mon 01/04/02 at 20:10
Leprachaun wrote:
Feeder just think, their next album will be utter poppy
> crap.

Tut tut Leprachaun.

I can almost guarantee that the next album will be great. Think about how insightful the lyrics will be...
Mon 01/04/02 at 19:54
Ok, I am amazingly bored. So I will now post my entire CD collection and grade each CD (Q magazine stylee) with up to 5 stars (e.g. * = Biiig Mistake, ***** = Go. Go. GO. Buy. Now!)

Lifehouse - No Name Face (*****) I'll give it an extra * for good luck. F**king Rules.

Matchbox 20 - Yourself or someone like you (*****)

Matchbox 20 - Mad Season (****) Not quite as good, I recommend these tracks - Rest Stop, Mad Season, If you're gone.

Turin Brakes - The Optimist LP (***) mmmm, some I like. Too mellow in places. Pretty Lyrics.

Savage Garden - Affirmation (****) Nice, the only good "pop" classified band in my (and my friends) opinion. But now sadly separated. Their albums are still worth getting.

Train - Drops of Jupiter (*****)

Stereophonics - Word Gets Around (*****)Brill.

Stereophonics - Performance and Cocktails (****) Ish.

Stereophonics - JEEP (****) Iffy.

Travis - Good Feeling (****)

Travis - The Man Who (*****) They got better.

Feeder - Swim (***) Bonus Tracks are always good. But early lyrics don't make me jump up and down too much.

Feeder - Polythene (*****) Yummy.

Feeder- Yesterday went too soon (****) Bouncy, Bouncy. They are on the slow transition to POPPY CRAP! Save me. Heh. But I really like them whilst they're on their way to POPPY CRAP!

Feeder - Echo Park (***) Flibble, I just think they need a bit more "grr" in this one. (just think, their next album will be utter poppy crap)

Green Day - International Superhits (****) Good for a bounce. Headbang. Maybe.

Starsailor - Love is here (***) I got bored.

The Dandy Warhols (****) Mmm. Mellow but edgy. Very few lyrics in some of the songs, I like that, I have no need to learn them then. :)

Nickelback - Silver Side up (****) AAAAAANGRY MUSIC! Take all your anger out on poor Nickelback. Please don't buy this because your mate (who usually likes Pink and Britney Spears) has it just because 'How you remind me' was such a massive hit and they want to be 'cool' or 'in' or whatever. Sigh.

Macy Gray - what was it again..? er.. lemme go see...On How Life is. (***) It was my mums. I wouldn't have had it otherwise, but I like it actually. I am tempted to buy Dido - No angel, because I like her voice.

Radiohead - Kid A (*) Sorry to all you Radiohead fans, I couldn't handle the strangeness.

Richard Ashcroft - Alone with Everybody (**) I got bored. His voice does drone on.

Ash - Free all Angels (***) Bleh. I kind of like it. Again, I got bored.

U2 - The Best of 1980 - 1990 (*****) They rule. This Rules. Sunday Bloody Sunday lyrics are, well, excellent.

U2 - All that you can't leave behind (*****) They continue to "wow" me with their insightful lyrics. Bono's voice makes the hairs on the back of my neck go up on end.

Eric Clapton - The Cream of (****) My Dad's but it rules.

Guns n' Roses - Use your Illusion (***) My Dad's again. He has good taste. ish.

The Verve - Urban Hymns (Phil's, sorry Phil, I will return it) Anyway (***)

The Rolling Stones - Bridges to Babylon (****)

Genesis - Turn it on again (****) They be well worth a looky

Muse - Origin of Symmetry (***) His voice annoys me, but still good for a headbang or a bounce. I seem to be bouncing a lot...Go me!

David Gray - White Ladder (****) Whatever -some- people might think, Dave is a legend and I thoroughly enjoy his music. *sticks tongue out at -certain- people*

Coldplay - Parachutes (***) They bored me a bit. Very nice and mellow though with undertones of bounce. Heh. I am trying to be technical.

REM - New adventures in Hifi (****) I -love- their lyrics because they are so strange, for example "If I'm your oyster, where's the war?" A good selection of bouncies and Humms. :)

REM - Automatic for the People (****) Same.

Blur - The Best of (****) Mmm. Interesting. Some Classics in there too.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication (*****) It brings back memories and it has some real tunes. "Teenage bride with the baby inside getting high on information"

Er? is that it? I'm sure I am missing some. Oh well. Lucky you, you have reached the end of my boredom. Give yourself a round of applause and go buy some cool music.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.