GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"was i robbed?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 11:44
Regular
yesterday I went to Game$tation and traded in a GBC with Silicon valley and Martian alert, aswell as Bomberman tournament, GT Championship and Tony Hawks 2 for Gba.
All for Sonic Sdvance 2, V-rally 3 (gba) and a £5 credit note.

Im gonna trade more stuff in on friday.
Auto Modellista, Mobile suit gundam, red faction, Gungriffon blaze, Tony hawks 3 (all ps2), syndicate wars, abes exoddus, delta force urban warfare, music (all psone), smugglers run warzones for gc, and Wacky races, sword of the berserk, NBA hoppz for dreamcast. How much do you reckon I'll get for all that?

Im hoping to get enough for GBA zelda and monkey ball aswell as maybe MGS2 substance for ps2.

Sonic advance 2 is superb by the way, a rwal testament to good sega are at coding for the gba.
Fri 04/04/03 at 08:32
Regular
"past,present&future"
I would higly recommend Computer Exchange (Rathbone Place, off Oxford Street).

They give you 2/3 of their selling price, in exchange credit, on everything.

And they are very well stocked, all formats, latest imports etc.

If you can get games cheap you can actually make money out it.

(A few years ago got loads of Ex rental N64 games from Blockbusters for under £5 each, then traded them in for £10-£20 each, kept me in new games for months!)
Thu 03/04/03 at 17:43
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Edgy wrote:
> Whereas, if you sold it privately, you could have got the £29
> for yourself.

Going for ebay though, I would have had to pay ebay charges.

And elsewhere, I would have to pay for the advert.
Thu 03/04/03 at 17:01
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Edgy wrote:
> Whereas, if you sold it privately, you could have got the £29
> for yourself.

But is it worth the time and hassle for that extra fiver ?
Thu 03/04/03 at 15:29
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Sonic Advance 2 actually changes the style of play a little and thus keeps the series agood one, giving it a bit (only a bit, mind) of originality.

Stuff like the race style start, the boost mode, the extra moves available with use of the shoulder buttons, the new special stages, unlockables and new character, Cream. All this adds to the classic 2D sonic gameplay.

And it's pretty hard too, I havent reached a special stage yet, and on Sky Canyon you have to use the full extent of the moves available to reach the boss, again who is tough.
Thu 03/04/03 at 14:42
"griever"
sonic advance 2 is great it really comes out on its own with emphasis on speed instead of platforming which will stop people from saying its a mario wannebe but the unlockable things are unreasonable 7 emeralds for amy
14 for chao garden which you get from the start in no.1
but im afraid because of the incredible speed the levels dont last very long
and i hate having to unlock the characters level by level
i just wanna play as knuckles
Thu 03/04/03 at 12:08
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Trading in games has always been a bit of a rip-off for the consumer as 99 times out of a 100, the shops will basically steal the games from you.
A year or so ago I traded in a few of my not so good PS1 and N64 games in G*me, I didn't get much for them apart from a couple of new games, and I knew I was being ripped off, but I never played the old games (most of which I got cheap anyway) so I wasn't too bothered about losing them.
From my experience, shops don't give you much for second hand games, so it probably is better to sell elsewhere.
Thu 03/04/03 at 12:03
Regular
Whereas, if you sold it privately, you could have got the £29 for yourself.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:22
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
When I traded in JSRF ages ago, they gave me £24, and sold it on for £29.

Wasn't bad, I thought.
Wed 02/04/03 at 15:40
Regular
"Festivus!"
Which was?
Wed 02/04/03 at 11:56
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
I'll give a bit of praise though, I thought they'd only give me about £30 for the stuff I took, but they didnt take take all of it and they gave me double what I thought I'd get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.