GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scary Games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/04/03 at 16:23
Regular
I have a recent desire to play chilling games - I have the Resident Evil series pre-ordered and am thining of getting a PS2 so I can get Silent hill 2 and 3 because they are alledgedly very scary.

Anyway what are some scary games (on any console) I might be interested in buying?
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:27
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Project Zero is supposed to be scary, but I ain't played it yet [waiting for the Xbox version to come out].
And yes, I would agree with FantasyMeister that Silent Hill 2 is the best for scary-ness, especially the second half of the game in the twisted prison etc.
Wed 02/04/03 at 17:00
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Who wants to be a millionare, if the computer animated Chris Tarrant doesn't send shivers down your spine then nothing will...
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:53
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
No, I want scary. Did I call this topic "violent games?" - no, I didnt. Stop sitting on your copy of UT2003 and perhaps you might mention some other game for once!
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:50
Get UT 2003 on PC, it is violent but not very scary...
But still it is very good online and playing it on a local network...
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:49
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
My mates were telling me about Silent Hill 2 today as they have the PS2 version. It sounding unnerving and I considered getting a PS2 just to get my hands on it. Anyway changed a GAD claim to get Silent Hill 2 now so I should be frightened in a few days when I get it.

Do I need to have played Silent Hill 1 on the PS1 to understand the game or will it make sense to me? I have a bit of cash to flash around so I am willind to buy SH1 if it is worth it for me to enjoy the series more.

Will Silent Hill 3 be coming on the PC anytime soon after release do you know?
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:43
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Kyz22 wrote:
> Anyway what are some scary games (on any console) I might be
> interested in buying?

Silent Hill 2 is all you need. It's the scariest game I've ever played. It makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up just walking through the woods for the first 10 minutes of game time. Nothing beats it. (So far anyway).

Biggest 'jump' I've ever had from a game is when the rabid dogs jumped through the windows of the corridor in the first Resident Evil.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Cheers FM :D
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:40
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Minimum Requirements for Silent Hill 2 on the PC

Win98/2000/Me/XP
700MHz Processor
64MB RAM
Video Card
1.8GB HDD Space

Recommended
1GHz Processor
128MB RAM
64MB Video Card
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:30
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Does anyone know the minimum system requirements for Silent Hill 2 on the PC?

Find out for me please - cheers.
Wed 02/04/03 at 16:25
Spiceworld for the PSone. *shudder*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.