GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hounded out of three homes for being ginger"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/07 at 22:28
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Full story

I don't think I've ever felt so emotional about a news story. I'm not ginger, nor do I know these people, but the story did make me think about how I would react if I was one of the kids, seeing as I carry a penknife when I go out. I probably wouldn't use the knife though. I'm not one for getting violent unless seriously provoked. But even then I probably wouldn't use the knife. I prefer to threaten than to actually do what it looks like I will do. In fact, I'd probably get into the van which I'm insured to drive, and not actually run them over or hit them with it, but scare the sh-- out of them with it, by driving close to them very fast, or getting one in front of the van, dipping the clutch and revving the engine high (the van won't move because the clutch is dipped). I did that to a schoolkid once. I was trying to get into Norwich, when he crossed the road on a green light (for me), then he stood in front of the van and started doing something retarded, so I revved the engine loud with the clutch dipped. He stopped his retarded moves, but stayed in the road. So I did it again, but this time I quickly raised the clutch a tiny bit, so that the van jerked forward a tiny bit. Then he ran for his life towards the school.

Anyway, your thoughts on this story?
Sat 02/06/07 at 22:28
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Full story

I don't think I've ever felt so emotional about a news story. I'm not ginger, nor do I know these people, but the story did make me think about how I would react if I was one of the kids, seeing as I carry a penknife when I go out. I probably wouldn't use the knife though. I'm not one for getting violent unless seriously provoked. But even then I probably wouldn't use the knife. I prefer to threaten than to actually do what it looks like I will do. In fact, I'd probably get into the van which I'm insured to drive, and not actually run them over or hit them with it, but scare the sh-- out of them with it, by driving close to them very fast, or getting one in front of the van, dipping the clutch and revving the engine high (the van won't move because the clutch is dipped). I did that to a schoolkid once. I was trying to get into Norwich, when he crossed the road on a green light (for me), then he stood in front of the van and started doing something retarded, so I revved the engine loud with the clutch dipped. He stopped his retarded moves, but stayed in the road. So I did it again, but this time I quickly raised the clutch a tiny bit, so that the van jerked forward a tiny bit. Then he ran for his life towards the school.

Anyway, your thoughts on this story?
Sun 03/06/07 at 10:07
Regular
Twain wrote:
> seeing as I carry a penknife when I go out. I probably wouldn't
> use the knife though. I'm not one for getting violent unless
> seriously provoked.

Are you in danger of being assaulted by scum every time you step outside your front door or something. If you ever use that thing there'll be no sympathy in court. Penknives are not illegal to carry, but I'm guessing you know that.

The story itself is quite remarkable, almost unbelievable. Persecuted for having ginger hair. What. Then again, thinking about it, it's not so different to being targeted for having dark skin, the only difference being racism usually has a social/political element to its prejudice. Being hated for having ginger hair, actually, that's got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Sun 03/06/07 at 11:56
Regular
Aren't all gingers descended from Ireland?
Sun 03/06/07 at 12:22
Regular
No, from Mars :]
Sun 03/06/07 at 13:03
Regular
Apparently ginger hair originally comes from the European cannibals, and from eating that amount of blood it was absorbed into their hair; in the same way flamingoes turn pink from eating a lot of shrimps.
Sun 03/06/07 at 13:16
Regular
"Mooching around"
Infantile thugs had earlier daubed the words: "Gingers are gay" on a wall

Oh dear...
Sun 03/06/07 at 14:42
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Sarrasine wrote:
> Are you in danger of being assaulted by scum every time you step
> outside your front door or something. If you ever use that thing
> there'll be no sympathy in court. Penknives are not illegal to
> carry, but I'm guessing you know that.

Actually, I don't carry it for self-defense or anything like that, but that won't stop me using it for something like that. I actually carry it just in case I need it for whatever reason - opening bottles, cutting things etc.
Sun 03/06/07 at 14:59
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
First time I'd ever heard of anything like this, it really is something; you do just wonder, why? I mean, this sort of thing doesn't usually get past the odd silly joke!
Sun 03/06/07 at 15:36
Regular
I suppose if it wasn't publicised then the absurd injustice this family is facing would go on as normal and swept under the rug, as though it's just a way of life for being "ginger." I hope the inequities are eleviated by bringing light to them, to some degree anyway.

I think the pinkish undertones of the ginger-types are fabulous really. Very Molly Ringwald-esque.
Sun 03/06/07 at 18:22
Regular
I know it's wrong but did anyone else laugh when they read the title?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.