GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hounded out of three homes for being ginger"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/07 at 22:28
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Full story

I don't think I've ever felt so emotional about a news story. I'm not ginger, nor do I know these people, but the story did make me think about how I would react if I was one of the kids, seeing as I carry a penknife when I go out. I probably wouldn't use the knife though. I'm not one for getting violent unless seriously provoked. But even then I probably wouldn't use the knife. I prefer to threaten than to actually do what it looks like I will do. In fact, I'd probably get into the van which I'm insured to drive, and not actually run them over or hit them with it, but scare the sh-- out of them with it, by driving close to them very fast, or getting one in front of the van, dipping the clutch and revving the engine high (the van won't move because the clutch is dipped). I did that to a schoolkid once. I was trying to get into Norwich, when he crossed the road on a green light (for me), then he stood in front of the van and started doing something retarded, so I revved the engine loud with the clutch dipped. He stopped his retarded moves, but stayed in the road. So I did it again, but this time I quickly raised the clutch a tiny bit, so that the van jerked forward a tiny bit. Then he ran for his life towards the school.

Anyway, your thoughts on this story?
Wed 04/07/07 at 23:15
Regular
Sunflower wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> All of those problems are easily fixable.
>
> Yeh, stay inside during publicly active hours.

Burrrn lol.
Wed 04/07/07 at 21:59
Regular
"lets go back"
Alfonse wrote:
> Geffdof wrote:
> Unfortunately for me I'm a single, white, ginger, Christian
> male
> aged 18-25 who wears glasses so I'll be having a life full of
> abuse I guess.
>

I think if I become a peroxide blonde transvestite who's married to a man I'll get even more stick, so I'll take my chances as I am ;)
Wed 04/07/07 at 21:46
Regular
"I may return"
Alfonse wrote:

Yeh, stay inside during publicly active hours.
Wed 04/07/07 at 20:43
Regular
Geffdof wrote:
> Unfortunately for me I'm a single, white, ginger, Christian male
> aged 18-25 who wears glasses so I'll be having a life full of
> abuse I guess.

All of those problems are easily fixable.
Wed 04/07/07 at 17:15
Regular
"lets go back"
I saw this family on Jeremy Kyle recently and there is no way they are being abused because of their hair colour. They are being picked on because they are a bunch of idiots with zero social skills and a complete lack of respect for themselves and others, just like every other family on Jeremy Kyle. They are just using the ginger hair as an excuse.

I do think that ginger discrimination is quite prevalent though. You never hear of anyone getting bullied for any other hair colour. This day and age you pretty much cant say anything to anyone without upsetting them about race, religion, weight, gender etc. yet being ginger is one thing that people can get away with.

You aren't aloud to offend, women, fat people, young people, old people, Muslims, Hindus, married people, immigrants or disabled people these days.

Unfortunately for me I'm a single, white, ginger, Christian male aged 18-25 who wears glasses so I'll be having a life full of abuse I guess.
Wed 04/07/07 at 08:54
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Alfonse wrote:
> I know it's wrong but did anyone else laugh when they read the
> title?

I'm afraid so. While it's a sickening story to read, its no different from bullied for being of a different religion or having a darker skin colour, although at least these people have the option of dying their hair. I know they shouldn't be forced to move, but if they moved someone a lot further away from where they live then the abuse might stop.
Wed 04/07/07 at 08:34
Regular
It can only be hoped the parents of these children will seriously take up the offer to improve their parenting skills and get their children under control. Perhaps then they won't get hounded out of their home.

It was rather pathetic when they denied their children smoke, to be told all of them were caught outside the studio smoking by the research team. The father then justified this because of the stress they were under. But had no answer when the presenter then pointed out their childrens behaviour was the most challenging their team had had to deal with. Says something for them as this was the Jeremy Kyle show and he often deals with difficult children.

But then I guess it is easier for some parents to focus on other things then their own parenting skills or their own kids behaviour. Unfortunately it does mean there will be no 'safe haven' for them as when they move they take the problems with them.

As I mentioned they have been offered help as a family and I hope for the childrens sake it is taken seriously and helps them.
Sun 03/06/07 at 20:35
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I just copied the title from the site. That's what the headline was.
Sun 03/06/07 at 18:22
Regular
I know it's wrong but did anyone else laugh when they read the title?
Sun 03/06/07 at 15:36
Regular
I suppose if it wasn't publicised then the absurd injustice this family is facing would go on as normal and swept under the rug, as though it's just a way of life for being "ginger." I hope the inequities are eleviated by bringing light to them, to some degree anyway.

I think the pinkish undertones of the ginger-types are fabulous really. Very Molly Ringwald-esque.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.