GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Airblade-First Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 12:42
Regular
Airblade came through my door around 2 hours ago (thank you SR {:)) and here are my first impressions.

I have never been into skateboarding games, which is why I took a risk getting this. It's not skateboarding however, it's hoverboarding, which seems to add a whole new lease of gameplay.

There are loads of modes, single and multiplayer. I haven't started the actual story mode yet (hopefully more impressive than Smackdown 3's) and the controls are easy and effective. There are massive amounts of tricks, and of course you can grind, grab the board, and swing round objects like lamp-posts.

The environments are lovely, with loads of places to jump and grind, and lots of things going on in the background, with cars, lorries and people.

So overall it's looking good. I still haven't tried the main part of the game, so I'll give another verdict later on. I would like to hear anyone else's views on the game.

PS- Who saw the World Cup draw??
Tue 02/11/10 at 21:27
Dont forget........ring/text 07972 710 440 if your attending ;)

It's gonna be wet... so if no contact by 17:00, I wont be there :)
Tue 02/11/10 at 19:21
Regular
Hi Paul, I should be there, looks like it will be a wet one
Tue 02/11/10 at 14:29
Evenin.....

We're planning a trip to Darwen Moor and its environs.

Meet at the Hare & Hounds at 5:45pm.
This will be our first dark start of the new winter season :)
For those without illumination:

First Weds Night Ride of 2011 without lights
Scheduled For 30/03/2011 06:00 PM
4 months 28 days 3 hours 32 minutes 20 seconds or
21 weekends or
148 days or
3,555 hours (2,370 waking hours) or
213,332 minutes or
12,799,939 seconds

;)
Sun 02/12/01 at 11:36
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I think England are in with Argentina, Sweden and Nigeria... although I may have taken the advert the wrong way...

To be honest, we can Beat Nigeria, Sweden and Argentina...

I think we play each team tiwce, don't we?

I think we'll beat Nigeria twice, Sweden twice and get a Win and a Lose to Argentina... we can beat them, and I think we will once... but with Ortega, Batistuta etc, they're gonna be a BIG test...

I hate the Argentines! :D

Game
Sun 02/12/01 at 09:59
Regular
""
Good morning 1/2 pint.
=B0p
Sun 02/12/01 at 09:48
Regular
"¬_¬"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> i'm stuck on the level ontop of all the buildings- keep falling off.

but
> overall a good game, with all the extras and different moves for all the
> characters.

some bits too hard, some bits too easy.

ah, well. Spyhunter
> should come on monday (yay!)
then i'll get jak and daxter for X-mas.

ah,
> bliss!

I got stuck too. Its really annoying when you keep falling off. Check my guide for help! :)
Sat 01/12/01 at 21:42
"period drama"
i'm stuck on the level ontop of all the buildings- keep falling off.

but overall a good game, with all the extras and different moves for all the characters.

some bits too hard, some bits too easy.

ah, well. Spyhunter should come on monday (yay!)
then i'll get jak and daxter for X-mas.

ah, bliss!
Sat 01/12/01 at 20:52
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Jim Cricket wrote:
> Poor England, Argentina and Sweden, Very little chance :(

If we are as good as everyone reckons, we should be able to qualify. At least it means if we do qualify, we won't meet Argentina again, unless both teams get to the final.
Sat 01/12/01 at 20:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grandprix wrote:
> Would you recommend buying it then Ant?

Yes, I would.

Started Story mode today, and it's very original and a lot of fun. You have to take out guardd and billboards doing tricks, you have to go up to roofs, use bridges, and on some you might have to swing on 3 or 4 lamp-posts before you get to te place you want to go. High octane action, and I'm loving every minute of it.
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:28
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Would you recommend buying it then Ant?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.