GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Airblade-First Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/12/01 at 12:42
Regular
Airblade came through my door around 2 hours ago (thank you SR {:)) and here are my first impressions.

I have never been into skateboarding games, which is why I took a risk getting this. It's not skateboarding however, it's hoverboarding, which seems to add a whole new lease of gameplay.

There are loads of modes, single and multiplayer. I haven't started the actual story mode yet (hopefully more impressive than Smackdown 3's) and the controls are easy and effective. There are massive amounts of tricks, and of course you can grind, grab the board, and swing round objects like lamp-posts.

The environments are lovely, with loads of places to jump and grind, and lots of things going on in the background, with cars, lorries and people.

So overall it's looking good. I still haven't tried the main part of the game, so I'll give another verdict later on. I would like to hear anyone else's views on the game.

PS- Who saw the World Cup draw??
Sat 01/12/01 at 12:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
Airblade came through my door around 2 hours ago (thank you SR {:)) and here are my first impressions.

I have never been into skateboarding games, which is why I took a risk getting this. It's not skateboarding however, it's hoverboarding, which seems to add a whole new lease of gameplay.

There are loads of modes, single and multiplayer. I haven't started the actual story mode yet (hopefully more impressive than Smackdown 3's) and the controls are easy and effective. There are massive amounts of tricks, and of course you can grind, grab the board, and swing round objects like lamp-posts.

The environments are lovely, with loads of places to jump and grind, and lots of things going on in the background, with cars, lorries and people.

So overall it's looking good. I still haven't tried the main part of the game, so I'll give another verdict later on. I would like to hear anyone else's views on the game.

PS- Who saw the World Cup draw??
Sat 01/12/01 at 14:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
I like the look of this game - May put it on my christmas list although Im only aloud one game!!
Sat 01/12/01 at 15:56
I have only played the demo, but I was quite impressed by it. I did enjoy spinning aroung posts.

It was fun, but I won't get yet. Too many other games to get.
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:15
Regular
"listen to the maste"
I wrote the only guide on the internet to airblade. You can find it at cheatcc.com, gamefaqs.com and loads of other sites.
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:18
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Ant wrote:
PS-
> Who saw the World Cup draw??

I was woken up by my roommate at 7 in the morning and he told me the group that england had been put in. Only when I was more sober did it sink in what a nasty group it is.
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:19
Regular
"es argh"
Poor England, Argentina and Sweden, Very little chance :(
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:28
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Would you recommend buying it then Ant?
Sat 01/12/01 at 20:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grandprix wrote:
> Would you recommend buying it then Ant?

Yes, I would.

Started Story mode today, and it's very original and a lot of fun. You have to take out guardd and billboards doing tricks, you have to go up to roofs, use bridges, and on some you might have to swing on 3 or 4 lamp-posts before you get to te place you want to go. High octane action, and I'm loving every minute of it.
Sat 01/12/01 at 20:52
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Jim Cricket wrote:
> Poor England, Argentina and Sweden, Very little chance :(

If we are as good as everyone reckons, we should be able to qualify. At least it means if we do qualify, we won't meet Argentina again, unless both teams get to the final.
Sat 01/12/01 at 21:42
"period drama"
i'm stuck on the level ontop of all the buildings- keep falling off.

but overall a good game, with all the extras and different moves for all the characters.

some bits too hard, some bits too easy.

ah, well. Spyhunter should come on monday (yay!)
then i'll get jak and daxter for X-mas.

ah, bliss!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.