GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Many books would make great games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 14:11
Regular
At the present moment in time, I quite enjoy reading Fantasy books. I am really into David Gemmell's 'Drenai' series, and I am really hooked on the books.

There are hundreds of other brilliant fantasy books out there. From the extremely popular Discworld books, to the much less known books by authors like Tamora Pierce, fantasy books are almost always compelling and fun to read.

The main thing which I would like to see appear in gaming, is games from books. It has happened with Terry Pratchet's Discworld books, but with effort from renowned developers like Square and Nintendo, great books could be made into extremely good games.

Picture this: David Gemmell's Drenai Series, fleshed out into stunning 3D, in a series of about 3 or 4 games. If they were expertly crafted by Square or Nintendo, they could prove to be games of Zelda proportions; except have an amazing storyline and great, characters, who develop as the story goes along.

Fantasy books, in my opinion, are the best type of literature, and with them, the greatest in role-playing or action games could be made. It is a great idea, and a shame that it hasn't happened, and with half hearted attempts like the Harry Potter 'games', the situation on this front looks bleak.

However, if developers take note, fame could come in the form of a contract from a fantasy book author.

Lets just hope that it does happen; It would touch my heart.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 30/11/01 at 17:02
Regular
"es argh"
If the wizard of Oz was released now I'm almost positive that there would be a game for it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.