GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Don't listen to the negative hype - XBox IS amazing"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 13:59
Regular
I am a strong Nintendo fan, and since the XBox was revealed, I did sucker for the negative hype. I was quite anti-Microsoft at the time, and severely hoped they'd get pushed around in the console wars. Look at the machine, I would tell my mates, it is bigger than a VCR.

However, recently, I have found that the Xbox is starting to look quite good. It started after reading in 'Edge', that one reporter had stated that Dead or Alive 3 was the best fighting game ever. I was intrigued, and had gone to IGN to get more info. After ogling at some screenshots and downloading a movie, I was convinced that it did look really good. So, I started looking at examples of other software, and they all looked extremely good.

I was no longer anti-XBox, I was quite pro-XBox in fact; the games looked very good, and the technical specifications were staggering. I was still a Nintendo fan, but my views had changed, and I had now decided to get both GameCube and XBox, a big decision since only a few months beforehand I would never had dreamed of it.

The XBox would be guaranteed to be big; with the right advertising campaign and a good launch line-up, I think XBox will be to the next-gen console race what the PSone was to the last-gen.

So people, if you are anti-XBox, search the web for XBox information. It ISN'T bad, and is staggeringly better than the PS2 in terms of specifications and software line-up. I really think it will be great, and give my advice to unfortunate gamers out there who hate Microsoft. The Dreamcast was great, but with negative hype it failed. I am trying now to get rid of the XBox's negative hype, because it really would be a shame to see it fall like Sega's last console.

Punters aren't fools, so listen to the XBox's claims of glory, and take heed of the rumour-mill.

I rest my case.
Fri 30/11/01 at 13:59
I am a strong Nintendo fan, and since the XBox was revealed, I did sucker for the negative hype. I was quite anti-Microsoft at the time, and severely hoped they'd get pushed around in the console wars. Look at the machine, I would tell my mates, it is bigger than a VCR.

However, recently, I have found that the Xbox is starting to look quite good. It started after reading in 'Edge', that one reporter had stated that Dead or Alive 3 was the best fighting game ever. I was intrigued, and had gone to IGN to get more info. After ogling at some screenshots and downloading a movie, I was convinced that it did look really good. So, I started looking at examples of other software, and they all looked extremely good.

I was no longer anti-XBox, I was quite pro-XBox in fact; the games looked very good, and the technical specifications were staggering. I was still a Nintendo fan, but my views had changed, and I had now decided to get both GameCube and XBox, a big decision since only a few months beforehand I would never had dreamed of it.

The XBox would be guaranteed to be big; with the right advertising campaign and a good launch line-up, I think XBox will be to the next-gen console race what the PSone was to the last-gen.

So people, if you are anti-XBox, search the web for XBox information. It ISN'T bad, and is staggeringly better than the PS2 in terms of specifications and software line-up. I really think it will be great, and give my advice to unfortunate gamers out there who hate Microsoft. The Dreamcast was great, but with negative hype it failed. I am trying now to get rid of the XBox's negative hype, because it really would be a shame to see it fall like Sega's last console.

Punters aren't fools, so listen to the XBox's claims of glory, and take heed of the rumour-mill.

I rest my case.
Fri 30/11/01 at 17:28
Regular
I am, and still a Nintendo fan.....but today I PLAYED AN X-BOX and it beats any other console. I used to be completley anti X-Box, but now i'm completely pro X-Box. I watched DOA3 and I played Artic Thunder...it rules. The controller rumbles like you are controlling a real snow mobile. The controller is slightly bulky, but it is good. I think I want one now. The only downside is that the console is a bit uglt and quite bulky, but it is brilliant !!!!
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:50
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im still not entirely convinced - Give it about a year or so and I will probably change my mind though!!
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:50
Regular
"Whatever!"
Depending on what games will be available!!
Fri 30/11/01 at 19:23
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
goto www planetxbox com and look at the 70+ games they have reviewed, including halo, tony hawks x and doa3.
Fri 30/11/01 at 19:27
Regular
"¬_¬"
Mattyboy wrote:
> Im still not entirely convinced - Give it about a year or so and I will probably
> change my mind though!!

You really need to play an XBox to appreciate what a quality piece of kit it is. I played a US import, and although big, it does compromise the power in it. It is really good.
Fri 30/11/01 at 21:15
Regular
Yeah..I completely agree...it's so powerful !
Sat 01/12/01 at 00:49
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, just look at the cover of EDGE this month... the mag swears by it!

This is a completely reasonable, unbiased mag, and here they are saying how great the xbox is... they even gave Halo 10/10... the last game to get this score was Zelda (I think!)

For any console to have one 10/10 game is amazing. For a release game to get this score is amazing. For it to be a firstparty title is even more so!

sonic
Sat 01/12/01 at 11:03
Regular
"Whatever!"
Halo is the one game that tempts me at the moment - Its been getting rave reviews everywhere and looks simply amazing!!
Sat 01/12/01 at 12:03
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
i dont think it matters much what a consol looks like or how big/small it is (unless its pink, shaped like male genetalier and 10ft tall - but thats just silly).

so what if the x-box is a bit big, or looks like an old vcr, its whats under the black shell that matters!!

i just cant wait until march, i think the x-box will look good with my ps2 standing up next to it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.