GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rock. Rock. ROck. ROCk. ROCK!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 01:19
Regular
I discovered a box load of old cassettes I haven't listened to in an age, as well as a box of old CDs in my wardrobe.

Rock music, and it was good. Bands I haven't listened to for god-knows-how-long and I sat and listened to them.
It brought back going to The Square, having long hair and a leather jacket, getting mashed on Newkie Brown and then rum watching Fudge Tunnel destroy the PA.
Ah...so tonight I have revisited my Donnington era music tastes and have been listening to:

Suicidal Tendencies
Infectious Grooves
Biohazard
Helmet
Prong
Sacred Reich
Slayer (Angel of Death. The single greatest metal riff, ever. Without question)
Metallica (Garage Days EP and Ride The Lightning)
Faith No More "We Care A Lot"
Pantera
Sepultura "Arise"
Obituary
Pro-Pain
---

I love most kinds of music, but it was good to go back to the days of attitude and sneery rock action.
I've forgotten just how goddamn furiously good Slayer can be with Angel of Death, Raining Blood and War Ensemble being my personal 3 favs.
Biohazard for yob-metal at it's best.
Suicidal for being the creators of skate-metal
Helmet for those MASSIVE stop-start-riffs-with-gaps they do like nobody else ("Bring it" and "Meantime" rule).
Pantera with "Vulgar Display of Power" album..oh boy yes does this still rock with a vengeance.("Mouth for War" will never be topped for pure I'll-kick-your-ass tunage).

Metal rules.
You can keep your nancy-boy 3-piece power-pop bands with green hair and nose rings.
Give me Tom Araya screaming "Angel of Deeeeaaaaath...Monarch to the kingdom of the damned...infamous...butcher..Angel of Deeeaatttthhh (and then THAT riff kicks in).
Or Phil Anselmo shouting "Possessed...I feel the conquering will down inside me...strength...the strength of many to crush those would stop me..."

Pure. Unadulterated. Rock.
Throw nice pretty little Blink 182 and Biohazard in a room together and see who comes out alive, wielding that gee-tar and throwing the rock-lock hand salute.

Worship rock you puny mortals.
Fri 30/11/01 at 01:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I discovered a box load of old cassettes I haven't listened to in an age, as well as a box of old CDs in my wardrobe.

Rock music, and it was good. Bands I haven't listened to for god-knows-how-long and I sat and listened to them.
It brought back going to The Square, having long hair and a leather jacket, getting mashed on Newkie Brown and then rum watching Fudge Tunnel destroy the PA.
Ah...so tonight I have revisited my Donnington era music tastes and have been listening to:

Suicidal Tendencies
Infectious Grooves
Biohazard
Helmet
Prong
Sacred Reich
Slayer (Angel of Death. The single greatest metal riff, ever. Without question)
Metallica (Garage Days EP and Ride The Lightning)
Faith No More "We Care A Lot"
Pantera
Sepultura "Arise"
Obituary
Pro-Pain
---

I love most kinds of music, but it was good to go back to the days of attitude and sneery rock action.
I've forgotten just how goddamn furiously good Slayer can be with Angel of Death, Raining Blood and War Ensemble being my personal 3 favs.
Biohazard for yob-metal at it's best.
Suicidal for being the creators of skate-metal
Helmet for those MASSIVE stop-start-riffs-with-gaps they do like nobody else ("Bring it" and "Meantime" rule).
Pantera with "Vulgar Display of Power" album..oh boy yes does this still rock with a vengeance.("Mouth for War" will never be topped for pure I'll-kick-your-ass tunage).

Metal rules.
You can keep your nancy-boy 3-piece power-pop bands with green hair and nose rings.
Give me Tom Araya screaming "Angel of Deeeeaaaaath...Monarch to the kingdom of the damned...infamous...butcher..Angel of Deeeaatttthhh (and then THAT riff kicks in).
Or Phil Anselmo shouting "Possessed...I feel the conquering will down inside me...strength...the strength of many to crush those would stop me..."

Pure. Unadulterated. Rock.
Throw nice pretty little Blink 182 and Biohazard in a room together and see who comes out alive, wielding that gee-tar and throwing the rock-lock hand salute.

Worship rock you puny mortals.
Fri 30/11/01 at 07:55
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
S-S-L-L-A-A-Y-Y-E-E-R-R!

Killing Fields has the most awesome double-bass part EVER!

Prong, another forgotten band, but an important one. Where do you think Korn stole their ideas from?

"Snap you fingers, Snap your neck!"
Fri 30/11/01 at 10:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Metallica are the band that got me into metal.
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Faith No More with Chuck Moseley is virtually a completely different band to Faith No More with Mike Patton (with the possible exception of 'The Morning After') ... and I love them both.
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:05
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Faith No More with Chuck Moseley is virtually a completely different band to Faith No More with Mike Patton (with the possible exception of 'The Morning After') ... and I love them both.
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:06
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Sorry - didn't mean to post it twice ...
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
S'ok.

I saw Chuck Moseley with his band "Cement" a couple of years ago.
They played at The Square and it was one of the best gigs ever, then went to see him at Camden Underworld a few months later.
There was about 30 people there and he was drinking in the bar before the show.
Went up and sat down, talked to him for about an hour.
He is one of the coolest people I have ever met, and Cement rocks.

Completely different to FNM, but awesomely slinky funk band.
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:13
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Celine Dion, she ROCK'S.
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sad thing is, I think you're serious
Fri 30/11/01 at 12:27
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
humour my friend. A powerful weapon.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.