GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"rock. Rock. ROck. ROCk. ROCK!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/11/01 at 01:19
Regular
I discovered a box load of old cassettes I haven't listened to in an age, as well as a box of old CDs in my wardrobe.

Rock music, and it was good. Bands I haven't listened to for god-knows-how-long and I sat and listened to them.
It brought back going to The Square, having long hair and a leather jacket, getting mashed on Newkie Brown and then rum watching Fudge Tunnel destroy the PA.
Ah...so tonight I have revisited my Donnington era music tastes and have been listening to:

Suicidal Tendencies
Infectious Grooves
Biohazard
Helmet
Prong
Sacred Reich
Slayer (Angel of Death. The single greatest metal riff, ever. Without question)
Metallica (Garage Days EP and Ride The Lightning)
Faith No More "We Care A Lot"
Pantera
Sepultura "Arise"
Obituary
Pro-Pain
---

I love most kinds of music, but it was good to go back to the days of attitude and sneery rock action.
I've forgotten just how goddamn furiously good Slayer can be with Angel of Death, Raining Blood and War Ensemble being my personal 3 favs.
Biohazard for yob-metal at it's best.
Suicidal for being the creators of skate-metal
Helmet for those MASSIVE stop-start-riffs-with-gaps they do like nobody else ("Bring it" and "Meantime" rule).
Pantera with "Vulgar Display of Power" album..oh boy yes does this still rock with a vengeance.("Mouth for War" will never be topped for pure I'll-kick-your-ass tunage).

Metal rules.
You can keep your nancy-boy 3-piece power-pop bands with green hair and nose rings.
Give me Tom Araya screaming "Angel of Deeeeaaaaath...Monarch to the kingdom of the damned...infamous...butcher..Angel of Deeeaatttthhh (and then THAT riff kicks in).
Or Phil Anselmo shouting "Possessed...I feel the conquering will down inside me...strength...the strength of many to crush those would stop me..."

Pure. Unadulterated. Rock.
Throw nice pretty little Blink 182 and Biohazard in a room together and see who comes out alive, wielding that gee-tar and throwing the rock-lock hand salute.

Worship rock you puny mortals.
Wed 05/12/01 at 02:04
Actually, Ministry are not cheesy or testosterone inducing at all... well, just pretend i said Iron Maiden.
Wed 05/12/01 at 01:59
Like many people i have a wide ranging musical taste (From Corrossion of Conformity to Howlin' Wolf) but when i feel the need for 'yes! aggression! woo! yeah!', i turn to: Carcass, Megadeth (unbelievably cheesy, but those riffs!), the great Pantera ('Five Minutes aloooone!'), At the gates, Ministry, etc.... testosterone city.
Sun 02/12/01 at 14:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I thing you will like Suicidal Tendencies. You should check out the album 'FreeDumb'.
Sat 01/12/01 at 14:49
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
I really need to get some new CD's. Ok, amongst my dad's various albums, I've just got Infest (Papa Roach) and Chocolate Starfish and Hot Dog Flavoured Water (Limp Bizkit), but I want to get some older stuff.

Suicidal Tendencies - Mmm, never heard of them, any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Infectious Grooves - Mmm, never heard of them, any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Biohazard - I've heard sell out, but that's it. Pretty good but a bit too heavy for me. Any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Helmet - Mmm, never heard of them, any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Prong - Mmm, never heard of them, any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Sacred Reich - Mmm, never heard of them, any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Slayer (Angel of Death. The single greatest metal riff, ever. Without question) - "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" is a class song, but that's all I've heard of them. Any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Metallica (Garage Days EP and Ride The Lightning) - I am a big Metallica fan, but which album should I get?
Pantera - Heard 1 or 2 songs but I can't remember them. Any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Sepultura "Arise" - Heard 1 or 2 songs and they are very good. Any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Obituary - Mmm, never heard of them, any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?
Pro-Pain - Mmm, never heard of them, any recommendations and is it worth getting one of their albums?

Sorry about the repetitions but I felt it apt.

Cheers.
Firebalt.
Sat 01/12/01 at 12:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
oh, but the Dead Kennedys 'police truck' was very good too. Just a bit slow paced for Tony Hawks though.
Sat 01/12/01 at 12:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
heh, I am more of a punker anyways, but suicidal tendencies just plain rock. full stop. Cyco vision was by far the best song on Tony Hawks 1
Fri 30/11/01 at 19:43
Regular
Rock on
Fri 30/11/01 at 19:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Sorry Sibs, I was commenting at Stryke as well!

But not rudely, just in "We get enough stick for listening to rock/thrash/death/metal, so why argue amongst ourselves"
Let's just get drunk and worship satan together.
Fri 30/11/01 at 19:00
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Oh, Goatboy, I was aiming that at Stryke cos he said he hated it when people confused metal and rock. But anyway, isn't metal a form of alterntive rock???
Fri 30/11/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Metal/Rock/Whatever

I just enjoy the music, I can't cerebrate enough to division it and label it "rock" or "Metal" or "Thrash"

Get some Suicidal in you and realise it's all good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.