GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Strange Logic of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/04/03 at 21:00
Regular
Have you ever noticed, the red hot chillli peppers songs with the most random lyrics, are always the best songs!

Like cant stop;

"Can i smell your gasoline, can i pet your wolverine. on the day my best friend died i could not get my carpet clean."

I will give you one billion pounds (yes british billions, the ones that are a million millions) if you can prove to me why these lyrics dont make sense but are so great.
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:33
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Oi Kyz!!

make sense of these lyrics from "Otherside" then:

Centuries are what it meant to me
A cemetery where I marry the sea
Stranger things could never change my mind
Ive got to take it on the otherside
Take it on the otherside
Take it on
Take it on
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:32
Regular
"\\"
Ryan Jackson wrote:
> american billions me off, i mean, a thousand millions? Why?

umm, dude, quit whining and hand me and kyle the ****ng money
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
american billions me off, i mean, a thousand millions? Why?
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:28
Regular
"\\"
Kyz22 wrote:
> No, I am right!

only in a sick and twisted world....... yup you are right
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
No, I am right!
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:25
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
YOUR ALL WRONG

MHAHAHAHAHA

I see now, the lyrics are only to harness the great sounds the red hot chili peppers make. But without the lyrics the music would just be an orchestrated mess.
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Here's my line by line guide to it.

"Can i smell your gasoline - This indicated a car is present. A woman with her own car in an independant woman, an object of desire and lust which is obviously something that is good.

can i pet your wolverine. - Petting a wolverine is like kissing a tiger, something that is very rare and brave to do. It also indicated the person is powerful as they keep a wolverine as a pet, something admirable and yet again good.

on the day my best friend died i could not get my carpet clean." - This shows an absense of emotion. That on an occasion your best friend dies, you are more concerned about your carpet, unless perhaps the best friend died on his carpet which could suggest murder or perhaps insanity. Insanity consists of living in your own pariside world invented by yourself where anything you do is correct which again for the person can be seen as being good.

So that is why the lyrics are random yet good, wheres my money?
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:16
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
No-one expects the Red Hot Chili Peppers to make sense anyway.

And its "Chili." With one L.
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:15
Regular
"\\"
they dont make sense because after each comma the subject is totaly different, and they are so great because they are stupid and funny... HAND OVER THE MONEY!!!
Sat 05/04/03 at 21:11
"period drama"
Makes sense to me, foo'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.