GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feeling old now."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/10/10 at 20:29
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Was just sitting here watching old videos of ZX Spectrum and Master System games when my daughter sat beside me.

"This is what games were like when I was your age" I said.

It's funny how feelings of nostalgia can make you feel good, but also so very very old.....lol.

On the plus side she still thought the games looked fun though.

:)
Wed 06/10/10 at 17:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I remember asking for a Grandstand FireFox one Christmas - The closest I got was a Master Blaster
Wed 06/10/10 at 15:14
Regular
"And in last place.."
I had a few LCD games and a table top Grandstand FireFox (still got it) game prior to my Atari.
Wed 06/10/10 at 14:41
"possibly impossible"
Oh, if we're talking about first game played (rather than owned) then it would have to be something on the 2600, tanks or pong, or a handheld LCD game of some kind.
Wed 06/10/10 at 14:07
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Being 25 odd, I can't remember exactly the games. But it was definately on the Amiga or Spectrum.

I remember playing Donkey Kong and Pong, but also Predator. Awesome.

But think my earliest was probably Pitfall..... what a game. ARGH. I DEFINATELY pressed JUMP dang you!!!!! (etc etc).

So many good times. First real console game was prob Sonic on the MD.
Wed 06/10/10 at 13:56
Staff Moderator
"Mr Dean"
Sonic 2 on the MegaDrive 2, was hooked and I've kind of completed it countless times. Never managed to get all of the Chaos Emeralds on a run though.

Also remember playing a game on the Atari ST where you are a black ninja and you jump over spikes and go up and down lifts, can't remember what is was called. Fairly vague, but there can't have been that many games...
Wed 06/10/10 at 13:30
Regular
"And in last place.."
First game I played was Millipede on the Atari 2600.
Wed 06/10/10 at 13:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The first video game played I think was Pong - It was the 'cocktail' cabinet version (is that right?) - something like this - Cocktail Cabinet

... My first computer game was either chuckie egg on the BBC B or JetPac on the speccy - Though there may have been a few played around mates houses before I got a system for myself.

.. First console game was Combat for the Atari2600 - which was some pretty sweet multiplayer action for the late seventies/early eighties.

... First game and watch game was Donkey Kong Jr.

.. and some other stuff.
Sun 03/10/10 at 00:57
"possibly impossible"
Possibly one if the Melborne House games or Kosmic Kanga on Spectrum.
Sat 02/10/10 at 21:56
Regular
Either Finders Keepers on the Spectrum or Super Mario Bros on the NES...I think.

Spectrum 48k+ was definitely my first games console though.
Sat 02/10/10 at 19:19
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The first game I played was called Maze Chase. It was on a tape that came with the Spectrum I got. It was part of a user guide compilation tape. I played it a lot and got pretty good at it, so much so that I could, in theory, play it forever as it was just 7 levels that looped over and over.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.