GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Gamecube: Bad, or Extremely Bad"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/04/03 at 14:40
Regular
I'm sure that many people have noticed the low low price of the Nintendo Gamecube at Argos in the past week, £79.99. Wow. It's cheaper than a Game boy Advance SP. But maybe there is a reason for this. Maybe the low price is because no-one, in they're right minds would want one. If a PS2, or an Xbox were the same price, I wouldn't even hesitate to stear right clear of the Gamecube.

The thing is, if you saw a Minidisc player for £30 in the Argos catalogue? really? or would a well knowing parent convice you otherwise. "No, it wont work properly", or "Why do you want one when you have a perfectly good...". Would you really?

It has comfortable controls, yes, and it is unbelievably small, yes! But why would you really want something that has 5 maximum good games, and has such a low price tag? why?
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:30
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
tortoise0_2 wrote:
> I'm sure that many people have noticed the low low price of the
> Nintendo Gamecube at Argos in the past week, £79.99.

That's because they believed they wern't going to be stocking them any more and wanted to get rid of what they had left, however, they are still stocking, and the price may just rise again soon.

> But maybe there is a reason for
> this. Maybe the low price is because no-one, in they're right minds
> would want one.

In the last week, nintendo have sold twice as many games and consoles than sony

If a PS2, or an Xbox were the same price, I wouldn't
> even hesitate to stear right clear of the Gamecube.

I'm sure that makes sense really
>
> The thing is, if you saw a Minidisc player for £30 in the Argos
> catalogue? really?

What?????

or would a well knowing parent convice you
> otherwise. "No, it wont work properly", or "Why do you
> want one when you have a perfectly good...". Would you really?

again, what?

> It has comfortable controls, yes, and it is unbelievably small, yes!
> But why would you really want something that has 5 maximum good games,

Super mario sunshine, Super smash bros. melee, timesplitters 2, eternal darkness, Rogue leader, super monkey ball, smb 2, resi evil, resi evil 0, Pikmin, Metroid Prime, zelda wind waker, Animal crossing etc.

Playststions good games- Gta3, Gta:vc, um.... Gta3, Vice city, and the one where you steal cars

> and has such a low price tag?

What?, so you're not going to buy something because it's too cheap, you'd rather get ripped of for some out of date piece of plastic, that only survives because of hype?

O.K, you're money!
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:28
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Maybe we should steal all the seats. Then sell them back to him at an inflated cost. Then buy Cube games with our bounty... ;-)
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:26
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
That's another seat in the Lexus taken then...
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:19
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
tortoise0_2 wrote:
> I'm sure that many people have noticed the low low price of the
> Nintendo Gamecube at Argos in the past week, £79.99. Wow. It's
> cheaper than a Game boy Advance SP. But maybe there is a reason for
> this.

Yes. As far as I know Argos were thinking of no longer stocking the Cube. They were clearing stocks.

Maybe the low price is because no-one, in they're right minds
> would want one. If a PS2, or an Xbox were the same price, I wouldn't
> even hesitate to stear right clear of the Gamecube.

That last sentance made no coherent sense. You wouldn't hesitate to steer (notice, double 'e', no 'a') clear of the Cube if the Xbox or PS2 were the same price...? Riiiight...

> The thing is, if you saw a Minidisc player for £30 in the Argos
> catalogue? really?

If I saw a MD for £30 what...? That sentance also makes no coherent sense.

or would a well knowing parent convice you
> otherwise. "No, it wont work properly", or "Why do you
> want one when you have a perfectly good...". Would you really?

Would I really what?!? *Prays next sentence will make some kind of sense*

> It has comfortable controls, yes, and it is unbelievably small, yes!
> But why would you really want something that has 5 maximum good games,
> and has such a low price tag? why?

Wow. Sense. At last. Erm. Because it has more than 5 good games (I have 10 games, all are good, at least half are amazing, and there are a good few titles I still want to get that have been around for months, and many more that I will be getting when they're out). Also, what crap are you spouting...? "ooh, low price... BAD!!!" One major reason the PSX sold so well is because it was a low price compared to the N64. So the N64 was 'obviously' the better console then, as it was much more expensive in terms of console price and price of games...

Yes. Anyway. Learn to make some kind of sense in your posts...
Sun 06/04/03 at 15:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm.

Fool.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:58
Regular
The XBox and GameCube are the only consoles worth getting, the PS2 doesn't have enough quality titles. GTA is good, I suppose, but The Getaway and things like Sly Racoon are just complete crap.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:54
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
hey, this tortoise guy is right, why would we want to pay £70 on a console when we can spend under twice that much on an outdated console with such popular games as grand theft auto3, other GTA Game, The getaway, and other games bought mostly by people who walk around talking like big brovaz.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:54
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Muppet. You waltz in here and state that, what anmswers do you think you're going to get, eh?

Nintendo forum .: we're Ninty's...

Idiot.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:51
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
*we're
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
ah, the good old arguement. not sure what were arguing about, but it's still good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.