GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Gamecube: Bad, or Extremely Bad"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/04/03 at 14:40
Regular
I'm sure that many people have noticed the low low price of the Nintendo Gamecube at Argos in the past week, £79.99. Wow. It's cheaper than a Game boy Advance SP. But maybe there is a reason for this. Maybe the low price is because no-one, in they're right minds would want one. If a PS2, or an Xbox were the same price, I wouldn't even hesitate to stear right clear of the Gamecube.

The thing is, if you saw a Minidisc player for £30 in the Argos catalogue? really? or would a well knowing parent convice you otherwise. "No, it wont work properly", or "Why do you want one when you have a perfectly good...". Would you really?

It has comfortable controls, yes, and it is unbelievably small, yes! But why would you really want something that has 5 maximum good games, and has such a low price tag? why?
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:40
Regular
I'm sure that many people have noticed the low low price of the Nintendo Gamecube at Argos in the past week, £79.99. Wow. It's cheaper than a Game boy Advance SP. But maybe there is a reason for this. Maybe the low price is because no-one, in they're right minds would want one. If a PS2, or an Xbox were the same price, I wouldn't even hesitate to stear right clear of the Gamecube.

The thing is, if you saw a Minidisc player for £30 in the Argos catalogue? really? or would a well knowing parent convice you otherwise. "No, it wont work properly", or "Why do you want one when you have a perfectly good...". Would you really?

It has comfortable controls, yes, and it is unbelievably small, yes! But why would you really want something that has 5 maximum good games, and has such a low price tag? why?
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:43
Regular
tortoise0_2 wrote:

> But why would you really want something that has 5 maximum good games,

Sorry are we talking about the PS2 here or the NeoGeo Pocket?
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:45
Regular
I say PS2.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:45
"period drama"
Heh heh heh.
The big red fool.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:46
Regular
Well 5 maximum good games is larger than the entire X-box catalogue.

Tell me sad JAT but what are these 5 games... I can only list 23 and all I have is 23.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:47
"For the horde!!!!"
Many people are buying Gamecube's because it's a great little console, but if it don't play GTA games then it must be crap right?, ptth dream on.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:47
Regular
Oh wait, silly me.

It can't have been the PS2, because that has a ridiculously high price tag for a 3 year old neo toaster.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:48
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Well 5 maximum good games is larger than the entire X-box catalogue.

Thats in your opinion.

I feel the gamecube and Xbox have the best selection of games.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:49
Regular
I was well aware that, that was a sad misplaced attack on the X-box...

But on a serious note has there been many X-box exclusives around since the launch of the console? We had loads to start with and now I can count Buffy, DOAXBV and Panzer Dragon... oh and house of the dead 3... and Crazy Taxi 3...

Ok ignore me.
Sun 06/04/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
ah, the good old arguement. not sure what were arguing about, but it's still good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.