GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ace Gamez"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/04/03 at 21:22
Regular
This is a site that launched in November 2000 with the aim of providing magazine quality reviews online. It's a brilliant site to check out, as there's competitions, news, reviews - the works, with no memberships like IGN. It's very up-to-date, too.

I also happen to work there :D. What happens is they send you the games, you review the games, you keep the games - it's that simple. Of course, you'd need to submit a few reviews out of your own collection to start with and every now and then. At the end of the day though, you're getting sent free games, some times before their release!

I know a lot of people have a passion for reviewing on this site, and seeing as the editors don't have a problem with you submitting your work to other places, you can keep loyal to GAD or Ciao or whatever. The people are scouting for reviewers at the moment - and from someone who works for them, I can safely say it's a win-win situation.

So give it a go. Check out the site, and if you feel like it, apply for a job!
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Festivus!"
I've sent in an application - if they are as blind as cube-europe they shall accept me. They probably won't, however.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I've had his e-mail about the whole thing for months now.

Finally decided to reply with an answer. :-D
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:37
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I could manage a review a week, whether my reviews are any good or not is for them to decide, I'll beef up my best SR one and send that.

Now to decide which one is goo...I mean "the best."
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:37
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Reviews are a "minimum" of 800 words. I write for them too,
> and they let you write as much as you want.

Cool - what's your name?
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:36
Regular
Jericho15 wrote:
> Do you get to choose the games you're sent to review or are you just
> sent random games?!

I'll answer this with an e-mail I recently got sent from Paul Ryan, the site editor:
------
Hi Folks,

I have the following items for review:-

XBOX
The House of The Dead - Xbox
Racing Evoluzione - Xbox
Panzer Dragoon Orta - Xbox
Kung Fu Chaos - Xbox
Robot Wars Extreme Destruction - Xbox
Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb - Xbox
DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball - Xbox
Lotus Challenge - Xbox

PS2
NBA 2K3 - PS2
NFL 2K3 - PS2
NHL 2K3 - PS2
Dr Muto - PS2
Defender - PS2
MGS2: Substance - PS2
Devil May Cry 2 - PS2

PC
Black Hawk Down - PC
Smash Up Derby - PC
Freelancer - PC
Age of Camelot & Shrouded Isles - PC
Deux Ex - PC
Rival Realmes - PC
Decent 3 - PC
MKD 2 - PC
Messiah - PC
Hugo: The Evil Mirror - PC

GBA
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-tranced - GBA
Bomberman Max 2 Red Advance - GBA
Bomberman Max 2 Blue Advance - GBA
WWF Road To Wrestlemania - GBA

Hardware & Accessories
Rave Station Dance Mat Controller (Blaze)
DVD Region Free (PS2) - Blaze
Xploder V2 (PS2) - Blaze

Please get back to me with your preference's and the timescale involved, I will do my best to place items so that they are reviewed sooner rather than later. Please only agree to review them if you have the time. If nothing else it's a good way to boost your games collection.

I look forward to hearing from you all in due course.

We urgently require additional reviewers too as we still don't have enough, if you consider that nearly all the above items arrived within a 2 day period, things are getting very busy which is good, but pointless if I can't place the stuff with reviewers.

I have been in contact with some major new clients over the last week or so and as a result, we will soon have computer hardware items for review...

Bye for now.

Paul.
-----
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Reviews are a "minimum" of 800 words. I write for them too, and they let you write as much as you want.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:33
"period drama"
It says to send in reviews of 800+ words, which kind of a bummer - SR let you 3000 characters which is about 500 words or there abouts.
I'll beef a few up and wish for beans.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:33
Regular
Go to About Us, then Staff. Scroll down to 'Oppurtunities' and follow the instructions, mention that Ed Carter informed you about this. However, only apply if you've got a passion for writing and can take on a relatively committed job (at least a review a week). You'll need an 800+ word review to send as a sample.
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Nice!
Sun 06/04/03 at 21:28
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Do you get to choose the games you're sent to review or are you just sent random games?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.