GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are games so cheap?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 16:30
Regular
Ok, so the title is meant to be a bit sarcastic, but I do admit, some games that are only about a year old are too cheap for their own good. An exaple: Smuggler's Run, only 17.99 at special reserve on the day exactly 1 year after its launch alongside the PS2. Why? The Ps1 took something like two years before it started the platinum range, but already Sony are about to launch a 14.99 range which includes the awesome Smuggler's Run and Dynasty Warriors 2. Prices for new PS2 games may be a bit much, but I certainly think that the cheapies really are wtupidly cheap
Sun 02/12/01 at 17:55
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Games, are not cheap. And, never will be. Sr sell them at low prices, lower than any shop but to make ONE PSX Game it costs like the price of a disk. They buy disks in like millions so one disk is about 5p. But to make the game initially it costs alot of dosh. So they have to get something back.
Sun 02/12/01 at 17:31
Game are always expensive even if they have been around for a year. To me a good price of brand new game is £20 and older £10. thats how it should be i can't keep spending £40 everytime a good game is out (Unless work)
Sun 02/12/01 at 09:47
Regular
"¬_¬"
Yesterday I wanted to buy SSX Tricky and Half Life. Well, I got to the shop, and If I wanted both it would have cost me £90! Well, you can forget that, I'm sticking with SR
Sat 01/12/01 at 23:04
Regular
"I like cheese"
Son Of Liberty wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> PS2 games too expensive??

I think the GBA is a prime example
> of games that
> are too expensive for their own good. Apart from Mario
> Karts, as that's probably
> worth it, gameplay-wise.

This is the best I
> have heared in regards to GBA.

>Well-said there Ant

Why thank you SOL. {:)

And can I just say that this topic was the first gaming one I actually got properly involved in for a long time, so well done everyone. Well done...
Thu 29/11/01 at 21:20
Regular
"¬_¬"
Amazon are a shop themselves, and they are also a place that other shops can be listed so that buyers can buy from them. I got an e-mail from one such Z-shop, with the definition 'Amazon merely links buyers with sellers'. So, pretty much, they are just other shops. The games aren't copies or cheap clones. And I don't mind cheap games, its the ones that a rip-offs that really annoy me.
Thu 29/11/01 at 21:16
Regular
is a Z shop an auction site?
the game is most likely a jap copy or a blank disc
and why are you so bothered about games being so cheap? its a good thing
dont complain
Thu 29/11/01 at 21:08
Regular
"¬_¬"
Oh, and Or†ega, do you have GTA3?
Thu 29/11/01 at 21:07
Regular
"¬_¬"
Also on the topic of Amazon, I was just browsing their Z-shops when I found a copy of Final Fantasy X for only £35!! Why is it so cheap, are the retailers complete fools?
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:56
Regular
"¬_¬"
Amazon is alright for pre-ordering PS2 games, you get 25% off most PS2 pre-orders. Oh, and Armatige Shanks, you need to claim 2 film-a-day prizes.
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:03
Regular
yep, i've seen loads of games for £29.99 on the PS2. i got Smackdown:JBI for £29.99 and i have also seen SIlent hill 2 and TOny hawks 3 for the same price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.