GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have more rows..dammit"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/11/01 at 16:00
Regular
Nevermind being nice and wanting to hug everyone,discussion can only be evolved through differing viewpoints and the exchange of ideas between two people.

If we all smiled and said
"Why, I believe the Gaycube is the best console ever!"
"Why I agree, although the PS2 also has it's dominant share of gamers, just a different marketing demographic"
"Of course, why I didn't see that is beyond me! Have a present"
"I love you!"

Things would get pretty boring pretty fast.
A decent argument can provide endless points of info, as well as maybe making you see something in a different light.
By argument, I dont mean name-calling and insults, you dirty sanchez, I mean a differing of opinion.

Wookiee and myself have clashed on numerous occassions in the Life forum, with it getting downright heated at times, yet it never fell into "You suck!" "No,you suck!" types of posts.
We both an idea and wanted to other to see how we felt.
Of course, I was right,but that's not the point.

Just to nod and smile and pat each other on the back turns us into a forum of vacant cow-people,all just waiting for a post to say "Yes, that is correct. Have some cake because you're so darned nice".

No. We must argue. And that means differing viewpoints without falling into "Yo mamma..." type posts.
They have their place and they can be funny.
So if you're a newbie getting hassled,give it back to that person.
Don't run away and cry, you big girl.
Stand up and argue back.

There is an old Jewish proverb that says:
"Don't argue louder, argue better".
Which is the perfect way to conduct yourself, if you disagree with someone? Say so, but make sure you arm yourself with facts first, that way nobody can come back at you.
Would you rather nice argumentative posts without abuse, or empty love-ins between slack-jawed hippies all wanting to touch each other and drink herbal tea?
Thu 29/11/01 at 15:55
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Goatboy wrote:
> Have more rows..dammit

Have you tried increasing your screen resolution?

A higher resolution should allow more rows on screen at a time?
Thu 29/11/01 at 12:39
Regular
"I confused?"
More rows eh? : shut up you pig faced idiot!
Directed at anyone that reads it then you can have arguement with me! smelly
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:37
Hooray for discussion and compromise!
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:25
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> TYPHOID! You fool. Not Typhoids. Jese, I even give you the correct spelling and
> you mess up!

Hey its pretty hard trying to remember that and with you and all your anus blabbering going on :oP

And it sounds better :oP
Wed 28/11/01 at 21:19
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Never a truer word spoken.
Wed 28/11/01 at 20:10
Lets just face the facts, gamers like their own console and will fight tooth and nail to promote it because we like to have the best.

admittedly the Gamecube being purple is a little gay, I bet ya it even comes in pink.
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
TYPHOID! You fool. Not Typhoids. Jese, I even give you the correct spelling and you mess up!
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Nintendo are gay...

Shigsys gonna get ye
Wed 28/11/01 at 19:45
Regular
"Want a cd key.."

"Here have a slice of cake"

*Runs*
*Person eating cake finds maggots infected with Typhoids*

"Heh heh heh"

Nice?
:D
Pure damned evil ;o)
Wed 28/11/01 at 17:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I meant those other newbies.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.