GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Changes to Gameaday"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/04/03 at 15:06
Regular
Business is booming, but summer is looming

Gameaday is being reverted to one prize per day, commencing tomorrow.

The prize will be issued for the best Review. For the time being there will not be any prizes for cheats, chat, walkthroughs etc.

"Yaa Boo", I hear you say. But you have had a good run with three prizes a day. We are what we are, and that's Gameaday.

So, are the chat prizes and cheats prizes gone forever?

Not on your Nelly.

(Oi Noi, now I'm really in trouble. Better scarper. Talk amongst yourselves fellas)
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:40
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Reviews get priority at present because we don't want it to be too complicated to explain, or too confusing. And reviews are more essential to us.

We don't currently employ any casual staff to work from their homes. Sorreee!
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:37
Regular
froots wrote:
> Tonty has been on holiday for several weeks now. I don't think he's
> coming back.
Good. His old man smell was beginning to bug me.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:34
"Uzi Lover"
Hope your having a nice holiday man, wish I was there.

That Internet Content position looks great for me, but it requires me to go to Harlow from Southend. Which isn't THAT far, I mean I'm in Essex, but still far for a part-time kinda thing.

However, and this isn't goning to happen, it would be great if it was a work from home position or something.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:32
Regular
Tonty has been on holiday for several weeks now. I don't think he's coming back.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:31
Regular
"Balls"
they have an opening for people who wnat to check the site for losers who want to kill the fun of site. a good eye for detail, and computer game knoledge is required. ages 16+ ideal for a student 12 hours per week, most of us spend that amount of time on it anyway. sounds cool.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Give me free games. I can dance.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:26
Regular
"Balls"
Why do reviews get priority, you could just switch them every day so on one you have to write a review to win, then chat, the cheats hints and walkthroughs.

One flaw, it will get to darn complicated for people to keep track of which day, or you can have certain days were you can win on cheats, like Wednesday and chat wins on Saturday and review the rest of the days. But that will also be too harsh on the person who has to organise the Gads.

Never mind just thinking for any possible reasons how you could still get some more people to post interesting topics and quality hints and walkthroughs.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:23
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Yo Tony.
>
> I remember you were taling with me about working for your company ages
> ago.
>
> Well now I'm all grown up. Yes it is true, I now have hair on my chin
> *strokes*
>
> My Mum just said "GET A JOB", so...give us' a job :-)

Right now we don't have many jobs available. In the blue side strip, near the bottom, there is (predictably) a link to Job Vacancies. If serious please keep an eye on it from time to time to see what comes up.

Sorry I can't be around much. I'm currently in Portugal on holiday and it seems the first time for ages that have had half an hour to spare.
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Tony wrote:
> Right now we are working flat out on the SR Registration System which
> should be ready by the end of September. By the time that launches
> there will be at least two GAD prizes per day instead of the current
> single prize. Chat will not get a prize every day, but it will get a
> fair share of the goodies.

---

YEY!

Go Tony!

*Waves flag*
Sun 20/04/03 at 23:17
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Special Reserve are everywhere when I try and search for stuff using
> Google.
>
> I type a simple thing about one little game and I get SR DISCOUNT
> NETWORK WITH HAVE CHEATS! CHEATS YES! AND REVIEWS! WIN WIN WIN!

Special Reserve is generally strongly positioned in Google. However, it ranks lower on a standard search of Google.com than it does on a local UK search at Google.co.uk.

There are currently 25,000 pages from SR in the Google engine.

Over 500,000 people visit our sites each month and we deliver in excess of 10 million pages per month.

The site is unusual, and not to everybody's taste, especially at first sight. However, the principles we have adopted have led to the site being popular and successful, so we think it best to stick with them, rather that change too much.

Right now we are working flat out on the SR Registration System which should be ready by the end of September. By the time that launches there will be at least two GAD prizes per day instead of the current single prize. Chat will not get a prize every day, but it will get a fair share of the goodies.

Of course it's the people who use the forums who make them so interesting, not us.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.