GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Summoner 2 and Drakan"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/04/03 at 13:15
Regular
Can someone help me, I have recently completed Summoner 2 and Drakan and I am trying to find similar games with magic and hack and slash but without turn base fighting, I am fed up of buying games that read well and when I put them in my machine the fighting is turn based.

What the hell is all that about anyway, if yoiu buy a fighting game then surely you should control the person fighting and have it real time, no you take your shot, Ill wait and then I have my shot, I hate that!!!

Can anyone help me, have you recently played a good game that was not turn based fighting, I do have on order the New Primal and Tomb Raider, I just hope they do not turn out to be the same.

Please email me @ [email protected] with any thoughts you may have.

Thanks
Tue 08/04/03 at 14:50
Regular
OK, Ill read up just in case :^). LOL
Tue 08/04/03 at 14:47
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ta, I'll cover myself by suggesting that you read a few reviews of it first then :P

Enjoy :)
Tue 08/04/03 at 14:45
Regular
Thanks Fantasy I think I will give the game a go! And blame you if its crap, LOL!!!
Tue 08/04/03 at 14:16
Regular
NuttyNutmeg wrote:
> Hi i thought Kingdom Hearts was a turn based fighting game, or am I
> wrong in this assumption, it does look like a good game but I do not
> want turn based fighting I much prefer real time, where you can fight
> as many monsters that you can at once?

Yup, that's pretty much Kingdom Hearts. No turn-based fighting at all in it, but pseudo random enemies for the most part. There's not much to the fighting system though, just mash the 'X' button to flail your sword about and the other buttons to fire off your spells that you've collected, but doing it all in real-time takes a bit of getting used to. That's something which I thought Drakkan excelled at. Kingdom Hearts is a lot more frantic though.
Tue 08/04/03 at 14:14
Regular
Thanks Fantasy for your input greatly appreciated
Tue 08/04/03 at 14:11
Regular
Hi i thought Kingdom Hearts was a turn based fighting game, or am I wrong in this assumption, it does look like a good game but I do not want turn based fighting I much prefer real time, where you can fight as many monsters that you can at once?
Tue 08/04/03 at 13:35
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Kingdom Hearts (Hack, slash, magic, but more an RPG than hack/slash)

Oops, and pseudo-random battles, the baddies always pop up in the same places though, but the fighting is real-time.
Tue 08/04/03 at 13:34
Regular
Dark Cloud (Hack, slash, build towns)
Warriors of Might and Magic (Hack, slash, magic, panned by the press, I've got it and don't really see the problem apart from naff graphics, gameplay is pretty solid)
Kingdom Hearts (Hack, slash, magic, but more an RPG than hack/slash)
Tue 08/04/03 at 13:34
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
It's basically just a mad hack and slash with both swords and guns. Not turn based, it's a little repetitive for me, but hey...what ever floats your boat.
Tue 08/04/03 at 13:31
Regular
Hi English bloke, do you know if Devil May Cry (1st one) is turn based fighting or not, because I know I will not like it if it is, I will however check the two games out and possibly have a dabble

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.