GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawk`s 3 OR SSX Tricky?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/11/01 at 19:17
Regular
I have a friend trying to decide which game to go for... Tricky or THPS3.

He has THPS2, but not SSX.

Which one does he get?

If you can, keep it to one post each, with a vote "Go for ***" and then a reason.

Thanks muchly, he appreciates it.
Fri 30/11/01 at 08:56
Regular
CDouch wrote:
> i think skating games last longer than snowboarding, its basiacly just due to a
> bigger range of modes.

That`s because snow melts when it gets hotter, whilst skate boarding can continue...
Fri 30/11/01 at 00:09
Go for SSX tricky. BTW, why does the music in Tony Hawk's make it a 15, because all of the swearwords have been blanked out (EG "its the most beautiful place in the whole *pause*in' world")
Thu 29/11/01 at 20:37
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I noticed it was 15+, there is nothing in the game that could deserve this rating, so maybe they are cutting down their market at bit by putting that music on. They should have an option or someting. Like you said though DAMN GOOD MUSIC.

One extra graphical touch that I like is, when you fall, a splat of blood appears in the place. Apart from looking good, this can also help you see where your weaknesses are and tryand improve. Bl**dy good game!!
Thu 29/11/01 at 20:34
Regular
"Whatever!"
Tony Hawks 3 is totaly amazing!! Every bit as good as I thought it would be!! Got my copy this morning and finding it hard to pull myself away, it must be one of the most playable games ever!!
At the moment this is my favourite PS2 game - A must have!!
Thu 29/11/01 at 20:30
Regular
"Touched!"
I've just had a quick look at the tony hawks box and it its a 15 because of the content in the music, i'm not really surprised, but there are so many great soundtracks/artists in the game, damn i want to play it now!!
Thu 29/11/01 at 20:09
Regular
"Touched!"
I say if you have got the money then buy both, they are both outstanding games, i wanted tony hawks 3 because of online play and i have never owned a tony hawk game before except for the gameboy advance, and its been getting rave reviews, i knew i was going to get tricky because i like the 1st one so much, good replay value and good multiplayer and the sequel will last a lot longer with more charcters, can't wait for them both, shame i won't be playing THPS3 until christmas though, oh well at least i will have ssx tricky, sh2 and pro evo to keep me busy for the opcoming 4 weeks.
Thu 29/11/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
i think skating games last longer than snowboarding, its basiacly just due to a bigger range of modes.

snowboarding games are just racing, on snow, with some tricks added in. but skateboarding, is just tricks, go where you want, do as you please, and go online (if you have the stuff, which most people dont)

im getting tony hawk for my gad, that I hope will come tomorrow. but one day, I will possibly by ssx tricky.
Thu 29/11/01 at 18:28
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I really don't know. Although I posted earlier, to go for thps3, I haven't played on SSX Tricky, so although tony hawks is brilliant, SSX could be even better.
Tell your friend to go and get some magazines and read some reviews!
Thu 29/11/01 at 17:02
Jak & Nikki wrote:
> I think you should get SSX Tricky instaed of Tony Hawks Pro Skater three because
> once you've played one Tony Hawks you've played them all but with other games
> they are all different sequals

LOL!

THPS3 is all new, new moves, new levels new everything (except new protagonist, that would be daft - though Bam is new!)

SSX Tricky is what? Largely the first game with more pipes and a couple of new levels!

I'm not saying that Tricky won't rock my world and is an essential purchase, just that your argument sucks!
Thu 29/11/01 at 16:59
Blue Chivers wrote:
> SSX Tricky.

Why? Because I got SSX for launch last year (24th November '00)
> and I'm still playing it now. Apparrently the sequel is better, so I'm choosing
> it for my GAD win (!).

THPS3 has got online, but I'd just wait until next
> year when it's released.

You friend cud just buy both (or write a kick a**
> GAD review/post).

Inspired by this post, I shall again contribute!

Though yes SSX at launch, still play now, yadda yadda yadda...
THPS2 bought AGES ago its a pooey PS1 game but is still one of my most played games, so by the very theory above THPS3 is the one to go for!

Has your "friend" no mind of its own?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.