GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Official Magazine - Biased?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/04/03 at 12:06
Regular
Has anyone else noticed recently that NOM have been quite generous with their marks to their own Nintendo (Gamecube) games? The lowest mark that they have ever given a Nintendo-made game is 8, but, of course, the highest is 10 (Zelda and Metroid Prime). Now these are good games, but I cant help feeling that they're being paid or something by Nintendo to give their games high marks. Some of the Nintendo games that they gave 8, like NBA Courtside, are clearly worse than other games they gave 8, like THPS 3, Tiger Woods PGA tour 2003, MOH Frontline, Nightfire and Fifa 2003 (all not made by Nintendo). Is this just a matter of opinion, or am I right?
Wed 09/04/03 at 12:29
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Mean Machines was a great mag! I remember :)

Cant beat Sega Power though :-p

Yer, NOM are biased. They have Nintendo on there backs, cause there 'Official' and suppose to repersent Nintendo.
Wed 09/04/03 at 12:24
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
They've been a biased bunch of chimps for years.

I used to get 'Mean Machines' back in the day, which was great, then it changed into 'Nintendo Magazine Systems' which wasn't too bad, but started to look a bit biased and fanboyish and eventually it turned into 'Official Nintendo Magazine', the zealots bible. Naturally, I stopped buying it a few years ago after the infamous "GreyStaion" and "Dreampants" name calling debacle.
Wed 09/04/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Oops..."
Has anyone else noticed recently that NOM have been quite generous with their marks to their own Nintendo (Gamecube) games? The lowest mark that they have ever given a Nintendo-made game is 8, but, of course, the highest is 10 (Zelda and Metroid Prime). Now these are good games, but I cant help feeling that they're being paid or something by Nintendo to give their games high marks. Some of the Nintendo games that they gave 8, like NBA Courtside, are clearly worse than other games they gave 8, like THPS 3, Tiger Woods PGA tour 2003, MOH Frontline, Nightfire and Fifa 2003 (all not made by Nintendo). Is this just a matter of opinion, or am I right?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.