GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If men could give birth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/05/07 at 10:57
Regular
I imagine it would be as quick as this. Especially during the World Cup, they can schedule it during one of the ad breaks. I mean who wants to spend hours in agony =/
Mon 28/05/07 at 00:45
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Alfonse wrote:
> I don't think so. Ruin my Godlike figure? I could never go
> through with it.

I'm quite content to play my role at the start anyway. We get the fun part, they get the work.
Mon 28/05/07 at 01:29
"possibly impossible"
Alfonse wrote:
> through with it.

I have a godlike figure.

Just like Buddha...*

*far from showing a complete lack of understanding of Buddhism, the joke revolves around the general (mis)understanding that Buddha is in fact god and not any enlightened being which can take many forms rather than just the rotund fella the western world is used to seeing.
Mon 28/05/07 at 08:31
Regular
Vee wrote:
> Men wouldnt be able to survive a pregnancy never mind to give
> birth. You guys cant handle 'man flu'.

We are men.... not only would we get it done, it would be done in a logical and orderly way. None of that emotive fussing and screaming rubbish. Anyway women would never let men give birth.... what would you have to moan at us about and hold against us then. Its your trump card and you love it.
Mon 28/05/07 at 17:14
Regular
"RIP English_Bloke"
My mums quickest was me in about 5 hours and her longest was her first, my sister who took around 34 hours.
Tue 29/05/07 at 01:42
Regular
pb wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> through with it.
>
> I have a godlike figure.
>
> Just like Buddha...*
>
>

ahahahahahahahahaha!!! Oh dear *wipes tear*

All talk. Most men would whimp out of giving birth. It's just fact that a woman's threshold of pain is vastly greater than a man's. So, if it's just the nagging that gets you..be thankful and consider yourself blessed that anyone would willfully turn their bodies inside out to produce your kin. I would most certainly listen to a man nag away if HE was the one giving birth!

[edit]cleaned up the bad words..
Tue 29/05/07 at 08:47
Regular
Ladybird wrote:
> pb wrote:
> Alfonse wrote:
> through with it.
>
> I have a godlike figure.
>
> Just like Buddha...*
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ahahahahahahahahaha!!! Oh dear *wipes tear*
>
>
> All talk. Most men would whimp out of giving birth. It's just
> fact that a woman's threshold of pain is vastly greater than a
> man's. So, if it's just the nagging that gets you..be thankful
> and consider yourself blessed that anyone would willfully turn
> their bodies inside out to produce your kin. I would most
> certainly listen to a man nag away if HE was the one giving
> birth!
>
> [edit]cleaned up the bad words..

A womans increased pain threshold, which is a scientific fact and not just woman banter, is actually only present between the navel and the top of the thighs to facilitate said "turning inside out". It has been proven that women have a far greater threshold to pain in this region as they have two thirds less nerve endings in this region than men, however, everywhere else it is slightly below that of men. I guess thats why my partner always makes such a fuss when she cuts or bruises herself.
Tue 29/05/07 at 08:55
"possibly impossible"
Ladybird wrote:
> It's just fact that a woman's threshold of pain is vastly greater than a man's.

I've still seen no scientific tests on this. I'm of the opinion that it isn't between men and woman but individuals.
Tue 29/05/07 at 09:26
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
pb wrote:
> I've still seen no scientific tests on this. I'm of the opinion
> that it isn't between men and woman but individuals.

I agree, its between individuals. Us women are just the unfortunate ones that have to give birth.
Tue 29/05/07 at 10:00
Regular
Here you go: http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/study_reveals_reason_women_are_more_sensitive_to_pain_than_men_9148

I have been unnable to find the article relating to the "less pain in the crotch region" point I made earlier but this links to a study acredited by scientists that shows the pain threshold issue. It appears it may not actually be a pain "threshold" issue between the genders but more about how we react to the pain.
Tue 29/05/07 at 13:26
Regular
That stretch looks painful. :P

Anyhoo, I think it's just a general belief that women can withstand more pain, because we're the gender that does it so consistently..giving birth and all that. Although it may be true that how one copes is an individual thing. Heck, I couldn't have given birth to my three without being loaded up on the epidural, demeral and morphine. Even with, I still felt twinges of pain. Ugh. :\

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.