GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If men could give birth"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/05/07 at 10:57
Regular
I imagine it would be as quick as this. Especially during the World Cup, they can schedule it during one of the ad breaks. I mean who wants to spend hours in agony =/
Wed 30/05/07 at 09:45
Regular
"lets go back"
Alfonse wrote:
> Speaking of thresholds for pain, don't you just hate it when you
> get kicked in the balls and the sky turns purple? =X

That has got to be worse than childbirth. If not in one go, the cumulative effects throughout your life time must be similar, plus you don't even get a baby out of it.
Tue 29/05/07 at 22:55
Regular
"8==="
Baboon's link broke the thread.

Good.
Tue 29/05/07 at 22:45
Regular
"Monochromatic"
schummi wrote:
> somoene gave birth in under a minute i think, it was in paper
> yesterday.... amazingly quick bet she was pleased, ;)

She had 6 kids and one of them were more than 2 minutes. I'm not suprised she had 6 if if thats easy.
Tue 29/05/07 at 22:40
Regular
schummi wrote:
> somoene gave birth in under a minute i think, it was in paper
> yesterday.... amazingly quick bet she was pleased, ;) i was 2
> weeks late and had long birth about 23 hours i think

Has your mum forgiven you yet? =)
Tue 29/05/07 at 22:26
Regular
somoene gave birth in under a minute i think, it was in paper yesterday.... amazingly quick bet she was pleased, ;) i was 2 weeks late and had long birth about 23 hours i think
Tue 29/05/07 at 20:48
Regular
Speaking of thresholds for pain, don't you just hate it when you get kicked in the balls and the sky turns purple? =X
Tue 29/05/07 at 18:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Geffdof wrote:
> There is no way women have a higher pain threshold than men. If I
> go and punch a woman in the arm, I bet she would cry but if I did
> it to a man he'd probably ask what I was doing and then hit me
> back.

Yeah thats a good point

> As that article says, women have twice the amount of nerve
> endings making them more sensitive to pain.

Yeah but it's where those nerve endings are
* Coughs *
Tue 29/05/07 at 18:46
Regular
"lets go back"
There is no way women have a higher pain threshold than men. If I go and punch a woman in the arm, I bet she would cry but if I did it to a man he'd probably ask what I was doing and then hit me back. As that article says, women have twice the amount of nerve endings making them more sensitive to pain.
Tue 29/05/07 at 13:26
Regular
That stretch looks painful. :P

Anyhoo, I think it's just a general belief that women can withstand more pain, because we're the gender that does it so consistently..giving birth and all that. Although it may be true that how one copes is an individual thing. Heck, I couldn't have given birth to my three without being loaded up on the epidural, demeral and morphine. Even with, I still felt twinges of pain. Ugh. :\
Tue 29/05/07 at 10:00
Regular
Here you go: http://www.scienceblog.com/cms/study_reveals_reason_women_are_more_sensitive_to_pain_than_men_9148

I have been unnable to find the article relating to the "less pain in the crotch region" point I made earlier but this links to a study acredited by scientists that shows the pain threshold issue. It appears it may not actually be a pain "threshold" issue between the genders but more about how we react to the pain.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.