GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metroid Prime 2 Ideas...??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Metroid Prime 2: Echoes'.
Fri 11/04/03 at 16:10
Regular
There was a little poll on what we want to see in the Metroid Prime sequel at www.Nintendo.com a few days ago, giving you a choice of 4 different things, that Nintendo apparently "will" take into consideration, or something...

Anyway.... What do YOU want to see in the sequel to Metroid Prime?
I've got a few ideas....

-Much of the same, only different.
-New suits, new morph-ball abillities, and perhaps a new beam weapon.
-More GBA connectivity - use the GBA in-game -- as a Radar, perhaps?
-No multiplayer! (I only reckon this'll ruin it, and annialate the whole idea of this being an adventure, and not another FPS!)
-Space Pirates WITHOUT jet-packs!!
-No more Chozo Spirits!! - Damn, I hate them!
-More 'tougher' bosses - like the plant-thing from Chozo Ruins.

Um..... A huge, over-sized Metroid... - as a boss!! :)

What about you??
Thu 01/05/03 at 18:22
Regular
"CHEESE RACING!!!!!"
Solskjær wrote:
> There's the Morph Ball-Boost in Metroid Prime, but why isn't there
> something that allows Samus to dash along like it?
>
> That's something I think they need to consider for "Metroid Prime
> 2".
>
> It's a pain when you're in an enemy's sight, but you can't see him,
> and you can't evade his fire, quickly, without locking-on and pressing
> B (as I found out last-night against some purple and yellow space
> pirates in the Chozo Mines!).

what the hell are the chozo mines?
Tue 29/04/03 at 18:36
Regular
Like the speed booster in Super Metroid and Fusion. I greatly missed it.
Tue 29/04/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
There's the Morph Ball-Boost in Metroid Prime, but why isn't there something that allows Samus to dash along like it?

That's something I think they need to consider for "Metroid Prime 2".

It's a pain when you're in an enemy's sight, but you can't see him, and you can't evade his fire, quickly, without locking-on and pressing B (as I found out last-night against some purple and yellow space pirates in the Chozo Mines!).
Sat 12/04/03 at 12:01
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Maybe, instead of multiplayer they could include a 4-player co-op. that would be pretty sweet.
Fri 11/04/03 at 21:45
Regular
Waht about the core, and there's a Super Metroid in Super Metroid...
Fri 11/04/03 at 21:40
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> Solskjær wrote:
>
> Um..... A huge, over-sized Metroid... - as a boss!! :)
>
> Metroid Prime anyone?

That's not like the massive Metroid at the end of Super Metroid, it's a completely different creature with the same name, much like the Omega Metroid in Fusion.
Fri 11/04/03 at 21:38
Regular
I want to see the Mother Brain return, it'd be brilliant. Also, multiple worlds. Say, there's Tallon, the Space Station and then Zebes, maybe one of those on the big holograph in Phendrana, each as big an as Prime, having a momoth boss to defeat at the end. Although it would be maybe a bit too big for Retro to make, it would be amazing.
Fri 11/04/03 at 21:33
Regular
The jet pack space pirates are a **SLIGHT** nuiscance until you get the Ice beam, the only difficult part is when you first go into the control tower in Phenandra Drifts
Fri 11/04/03 at 20:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Those Chozo Spirits were a damned nuisance. But im assuming they wont turn up, seeing that it will probably be set on a different planet.

And the jets pack space pirates tremble with fear if you shoot them from the opposite side of the door, as does every other baddy...
Fri 11/04/03 at 19:58
Regular
How about a multiplayer option, set across the ENTIRE world....
Suits etc are found in their normal locations, but you have to fight mini-bosses to get them, if YOU beat it, the miniboss stays scared of you, and attacks others who haven't yet defeated it.
Oh, and it's deathmatch esque...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.