GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This Forum is dying..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/04/03 at 18:51
Regular
Dying so slowly...

Will...
be...
empty...
by...
summer...

It will be dead soon though, no?
Sun 13/04/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Although the forums have always gone relativly quiet over the summer period... with holidays, and improved weather, and suchlike... I'm not sure there will be the same incentive to return to them once the weather turns again? ...

Having said that, although I've not really been about for some time, some of the days winning posts I've read over the past few months have been really dodgy, it seems the forums have been getting much quieter, for a good while before they end of the GAD prises were announced, certainly much of the community spirit it used to enjoy has gone?...
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:52
Regular
"bit of a brain"
snummertime and the weather is fine.
You should all be outside doing other things instead of complaining about mere prattles. Or something.
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:43
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Right.
That made no sense whatsoever, so I'll try again.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The thing is, the forums usually become an uncooridinated morass after Christmas, happens every year. But this year, it's different. It's worse, and is lasting longer.
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:37
Regular
Hurray. But mine was the best...
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:37
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
some one had to bring the info to the people, its just how it goes, its the way of the world
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Ha! They're all gone.
Terrific stuff.
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:35
Regular
Yay! Forum, moderated. shame they got rid of mine...
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:35
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
But the thing is, the forums usually go into a state that is beyond an uncoordinated morass, but this year, it's even worse.
It's lasting longer this year.
Hmmm.
Sun 13/04/03 at 15:27
Regular
"Festivus!"
froots wrote:
> The forum is not dying, I am *wheezes*

That really did make me laugh out loud.

you need a medal or 6 froots!

froots am the winner!
Sun 13/04/03 at 12:12
"MMMMM, Chicken"
I have made very few posts since christmas for various reasons, majorly the ammount of couresework I've had to catch up on for my A2's and University open days and the like.

However, losing GAD1 is a major blow, last summer I tried for weeks trying to win, and did post some great(IMHO) some funny, some serious, but without the goal of winning a prize, I doubt I'll spend much time in the forums anymore, and I don't think Im the only one. I only recently renewed my membership, the main reason being so that come the holidays I could try to win GAD1, but my hopes have been demolished by its removal.

Hopefully, the attendance in the forums will have dropped so low by summer, that they'll bring it back again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.