GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone remember the Mario and Zelda cartoons???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 18:04
Regular
Everybody loves TV!!! Who remembers the Mario and Zelda cartoon series'??? Anyone?? I do. I used to love Mario, and recorded loads of them! I watched Zelda a few times, but I was never really interested in it. But since i've played Majora's Mask on the N64, I've become addicted!!

Who else saw theses 2 cartoons??? What did you thinkof them?? Were you also less interested untill you played the games?? Or were u like me with Mario, i played the game first, loved it, and found out about the cartoon.
Sat 01/12/01 at 19:39
Regular
"Remember me?"
Yeah, I remember those cartoons.

The Mario cartoons were cool, especially the Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World series.

The Zelda cartoons sucked big time, though. They're the worst cartoons ever made.
Thu 29/11/01 at 23:51
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Sibs wrote:

I know there was another one though...

This guy had a belt
> with a NES like controller as the buckle, except it had loads of buttons on it.
> And he also had the gun you used for Duck Hunt to shoot the baddies in it. I
> can't remember what it was called, and barely remember it at all, but maybe
> someone can jog my memory!

Yer, it was called Captain N: the Games Master

There was also a character who was a Gameboy in it.

:)
Thu 29/11/01 at 22:12
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Oh, by the way, there was more than one series of Sonic cartoon. One was really kind of kiddy etc. and another was kind of more grown up with more characters, and a more futuristic kind of look. I remember the Mario cartoon kind of, and all I remember about Zelda, was Link always said "Sorry, Princess!"

I know there was another one though...

This guy had a belt with a NES like controller as the buckle, except it had loads of buttons on it. And he also had the gun you used for Duck Hunt to shoot the baddies in it. I can't remember what it was called, and barely remember it at all, but maybe someone can jog my memory!
Thu 29/11/01 at 22:05
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Wasn't there also a Megaman cartoon?

:)
Thu 29/11/01 at 21:23
Regular
"Long Live Nintendo!"
I never watched the sonic one, but i used to love the Zelda and Mario ones. I had a video of the Mario cartoon! Oh, and anyone remember Captain N????
Tue 27/11/01 at 16:42
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> i remember the mario cartoon...what about the sonic one?

The sonic one was brilliant, used to watch it all the time, but that was the past *Sigh*
Tue 27/11/01 at 16:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I used to have absolutely LOADS of the STC comics!! But I must have binned them years ago. I also used to watch the sonic cartoons, and I used to love the one with the cool graphics. The last episode I ever watched was one where I think they killed Robotnik, and at the end, you saw some evil guys eyes in the dark. But that was the end of the series, and I haven't seen another episode since.
Does anyone know who he was or what happened???

I also remember the dancing Mario people, and how funny it all seemed when I was young, and how we'd all change the lyrics!! Apparently, I read recently that the bloke supposed to look like Mario was The Rock, or some other now famous guy???

I'm not sure I remember that cartoon with the kid sucked into his telly while playin his NES? But I do remember something with Kid Icarus in it or something, with other wierd people?? And I remember phoning GMTV (AMTV then) every morning, trying to win a GameBoy!! Those were the days!
Tue 27/11/01 at 15:52
Regular
"DS..."
I remember them well, but of course back in my day...
slik ~_~
Tue 27/11/01 at 14:56
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I remember the cartoons. I had a Mario vid and the Zelda ones were cool. I also had a sonic comic or two.
Tue 27/11/01 at 10:37
Starlight wrote:
> I have about the first four or five Sonic The comic's, I remember in the first
> two issues there was hidden sonic statues that you could find.

I also
> remember one of the stories, Tails took an old pair of Sonics sneakers and was
> able to run real fast and inevitably got into a lot of trouble! Woah! Good
> memory on my part! :-)

To be honest i have all the issues of the Sonic Comic so far don't read them any more just keep them for the sake of having them all. All in mint condition well except 2 or 3

I remember that story with the old sneskers i think it was issue 3 issue

I always thought the mario carttons were cool but wasn't to keen on Zelda wasn't there only 8 episodes of zelda or something

Mario cartoons always had that dodgy dance at the end of them didn't it on the first series.

seeya

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.