GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rogue Leader Problems"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Rogue Leader'.
Mon 14/04/03 at 12:57
Regular
Allright. I got this game yesterday and today, for the first ever ever time, my gamecube crashed on the battle of the hoth mission.

Is RL known to crash alot, or should I return it?
Mon 14/04/03 at 21:34
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
No problems for me.

I got my GC on the 3rd too :o)

I can remember the day as if it were yesterday..

I remember getting the control out of the box and the control stick feels slightly rubbery, kinda magic.

I knew this was a good buy :o)

*Claps to SR*

They promised May 3rd, and thats what I got. Excellent stuff SR. And I also got a £35 refund because the price dropped before launch..

SR Rock.
Mon 14/04/03 at 21:14
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I love the TIE fighter, but its pointless to use as it can't take any punishment whatsoever and none of your allies are good enough to help draw fire away from you - so atttacking anything substantial is a definate no. Plus it would be nice to be the Empire for a change so you could fight the rebels in the TIE ships. ;-)
I know there were a couple of bonus levels but lets be honest, they were pretty poo overall.

I have high hopes for Rogue Squadron 3 - I'm praying that factor 5 don't screw it up. I'd rather take the orders bit out and have more controls left for your ship as the orders did practically sod all anyway.
Could use the D-pad to change views and stuff so that way a button can be left free to do things like open and close the wings on ships like the X-Wing. I dunno if anyone shares this - but I REALLY hate the operation of the wings being shared with the acceleration button - so poxy annoying !

Plus they really need to improve battles when it comes to the number of allies. "This is a REALLY important mission, the whole future of the rebel alliance rests on it....so its just you and 2 others going in....oh and your wingmen will just really be enjoying the view while you do the fighting." yeah ok.
Anyone remember Shadows Of The Empire on the N64 ? The number of allies in the Hoth battle was a lot better with other Snowspeeders trying to do their bit. Added so much more atmosphere when you saw them shooting at the AT-ATs and getting blown away around you.
Rogue Leader added a slight ground force to the battle which was good - but could be much better. Combine this with a good Snowspeeder force and it'll be hard to ever top in another Star Wars game.

And one last point I'll add - I'm sick of bloody defending things all the time ! Every mission its "er, we suck, can you protect us instead of enjoying the mission ?"
I mean Hoth was good and the point of the mission is so to give the rebels some time to escape, but it would be nice to have plenty more time to fly around and enjoy the atmosphere of it all.
Endor was spoilt in a way for me as it was just constant defending of rebel cruisers - even the run towards entering the death star required you to help some other lame mong in first without him getting shot down (normally ending up with you having to lose a ship instead).

Rogue Squadron has so much potential to be THE best Star Wars game money can buy, but Factor 5 keep taking these little directions that ruin it. Even the bonus ships were a big disappointment as it was pointless using them. I love the TIE fighter, its always been one of my favourite ships in the films, but with the way the game plays right now, its just totally knackered in battle. Then of course theres Slave 1 which I won't even go into cause it'll just wind me up.

In my opinion. Factor 5 should just ditch all the special weapons like missles, etc. Y-Wings should have bombs of course and the X-Wing should be armed with a torpedo when the mission requires it - but not for dogfighting. This area of a battle should be down to lasers, making it a much more level playing field. In return, earning medals shouldn't be about the time the mission is done in, etc. It should come down to your performance as a fighter. What I mean is how many ships you shot down and wether you took out a Stardestroyer or a few AT-ATs.
This way the game can be enjoyed a lot more with no massive rush to beat everything before your left staring at the game over screen because those stupid mong "commandos" were wiped out after running straight at an AT-AT.

I want to enjoy the battles and they're atmosphere Factor 5, not race from useless ally to useless ally, protecting them before they're wiped out in a time period of 1 minute.
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:48
Regular
That is true, but you do run out..
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes wrote:
> A TIE Interceptor like the one you got in the original would rule, but
> I don't like Vader's. The laser on it is crappy.

Aye, but the homing missles are pure rape.
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:36
Regular
A TIE Interceptor like the one you got in the original would rule, but I don't like Vader's. The laser on it is crappy.
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:30
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Slave 1 sucks anyway.
>
>
> All the secret ships are lousy :(

Even Vaders thingymajigger?
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:29
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Yeah mine has crashed on Rogue Leader but it was just a one off thing.

I think in total my Cube has crashed about twice since launch.
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:28
Regular
Slave 1 sucks anyway.

All the secret ships are lousy :(
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Savatt78 wrote:
I tried to play the indurance level with
> Slave 1. As soon as the level started, the game would crash unless I
> did a certain thing - think I had to slow down and pull up sharply or
> something like that.

Because Slave 1 crashes on a post straight away. Stupid game.
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:18
Regular
I've had no problems with either Monkeyball games, and not with Rogue Leader either.

Rogue Leader has crashed once or twice since I had it (at launch) but not enough for me to think it's a problem.

It's odd that on some GCs it's a major problem, and on others it doesn't happen at all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.