GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else doing this?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 13:14
Regular
Ahh, easter, the time of revision is upon us, but is anyone acctually doing it? i've got the novel 'of mice and men' sitting infront of me, but im finding it so hard to pick up. Does anyone else have this revision problem and how are they getting around it!?
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Ahh, easter, the time of revision is upon us, but is anyone acctually doing it? i've got the novel 'of mice and men' sitting infront of me, but im finding it so hard to pick up. Does anyone else have this revision problem and how are they getting around it!?
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:19
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Ah, revising.

Kiddies. :-D
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:19
Regular
Hoho, thaat book seems to be everywhere. I read it not too long ago.
And no, I'm not doing it, because I'm a genius.
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:30
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Of Mice and Men...god I hated that book. I read it a while back and had to write a huge report on it. Just wait until you have to read "The Long and the Short and the Tall" (yes there are that many "and"s in the title) I am actually trying to do revision for 5 of my 8 subjects as the other ones are easy liek computing. If I remember correctly of mice and men is about the retard Lenny? and his mate (can't remember his name) and they are two vagrant workers? I'll see if I have any work saved on my computer from that book and I'll post it here to help you get a general idea of what I thought the book was about...Just don't copy it lol
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Thanks cubist, any revision aids are much appreciated. and yea the books about George and Lenny the ranch workers...god i loathe this book
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Ive got loads of revision to do, but I dont think i'll be doing any.

Y'see, I HATE revising. I just cant do it. I'll pick up a book, read it for a few mins and get amazingly bored. What I do is scan over the subject book of the exam that I have first and thats it.

Revising is nasty.
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Why don't you try the BBC's Bitesize revision Herc? I've been doing that for maths and it's really good (don't know baout the other subects). As for you Garlic Bread it don't have it saved on my home computer it must be at school. From what I remember they want to live off of the "fat of the land"? and that is supposed to be the american dream (for that time period) and it's the only thing that keeps lenny going though out his life. In the end George has to kill Lenny (sorry if that spoils it but that's something to look forward to Action! YAY) and if you think about it and start trying to get into Georges thoughts of why he did it you get a great understanding of the whole book. George is like Lennies guardian and he knows he couldn't stand jail because Lenny was mentally retarded he would rot away mumbling about alfalfa and the rabbits he loved so much, he couldn't let curly catch him because he would shoot him in the stomach for a slow and painful death that he would never be able to handle on his consious, he couldn't escape with him as there was no were to go as everyone would be looking for them so shooting him in the head when he wasn't looking was the only humane thing to do. (god that was a long sentence maybe I should of use colons or something) anyway I hope that helps, that's all I can remember though so you'll have to make do:S
Mon 14/04/03 at 14:06
Regular
"Hallelujah"
right, 2 THAT TWO!!! whole pages in and i've decided to go play the getaway, god revision is hard!!!
Mon 14/04/03 at 14:08
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Cubist wrote:
> Why don't you try the BBC's Bitesize revision Herc?
-----

I watched it last night, was alright.

When is it on?

Everyday at night?
Mon 14/04/03 at 14:13
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I dunno when the tv show is on but if you go to www.bbc.co.uk then search for "GCSE" you can find an entire website devoted to GCSE revision and it has lots of just sections for different subjects, has full explanations, tests etc etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.