GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone else doing this?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 13:14
Regular
Ahh, easter, the time of revision is upon us, but is anyone acctually doing it? i've got the novel 'of mice and men' sitting infront of me, but im finding it so hard to pick up. Does anyone else have this revision problem and how are they getting around it!?
Thu 17/04/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Light of the world"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> I didn't do that well in the rest but still good enuff.. but even if i
> had it, my bro even with a degree can't find a job.
> But i was proud of my B in literature cos i put all my hard work into
> it.

really? bollax thats why i not to keen on goin uni
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:08
Regular
I didn't do that well in the rest but still good enuff.. but even if i had it, my bro even with a degree can't find a job.
But i was proud of my B in literature cos i put all my hard work into it.
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:06
Regular
"Hallelujah"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> Mice and men... i got a B from literature. And did pretty good with
> the coursework on that.

Congrats on a B, thats what i'm aiming for...
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:05
Regular
Mice and men... i got a B from literature. And did pretty good with the coursework on that.
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Now I think about it I really didn't need to quote you entire message...oops
Thu 17/04/03 at 12:03
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Ashley wrote:
> lhough I may never live this down (by being the first person on this
> site to recommend reading a book of educational value) If you do
> actually like the war poets (not saying you neccesarily do, but you
> seem enthusiastic and want to do englishat uni!) Pat Barker's The
> Regeneration is not a bad Novel, studying it was about as fun as
> branding, but i actually thought the book was pretty reasonable, It
> follows the Fortunes and lives of sassoon and Owen during the war.
> Including Sassoon's objection letter, there discharge from the army to
> the Craiglockhart mental health centrewhere they meet for the first
> time, and Sassoon's changing views on the war.

"Owen"'s full name is Wilfred Owen and we study his poetry a lot at our school. I just finished reading Futility by him. My Highschool is on the same road as Craiglockhart although the mental health center has gone...actually it was a war hospital for people suffering from Shell shock mainly but that's not the point. Wilfred Owen is like a local famous war poet for our school and although the mental health center is gone (I think it's Napier University now) we still read all his early poetry.
Thu 17/04/03 at 10:00
Regular
lhough I may never live this down (by being the first person on this site to recommend reading a book of educational value) If you do actually like the war poets (not saying you neccesarily do, but you seem enthusiastic and want to do englishat uni!) Pat Barker's The Regeneration is not a bad Novel, studying it was about as fun as branding, but i actually thought the book was pretty reasonable, It follows the Fortunes and lives of sassoon and Owen during the war. Including Sassoon's objection letter, there discharge from the army to the Craiglockhart mental health centrewhere they meet for the first time, and Sassoon's changing views on the war.
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:45
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
ITC...Oh the days when that was it's name. When you get older it become Computing Studies and then when you get even older it becomes Computing Studies and a "sister" course is produced called Information Systems. I'm about to sit Computing Studies (the first one) and next year I'm taking Computing Studies and Information Systems. YOU! In the back! I'm not a computer geek!! **waves finger frantically**
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:43
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I have been revising for ITC. Even though the exam is in about a year and 2 months...
Wed 16/04/03 at 17:24
Regular
"Hmmm....."
> Do you have to do the legenday Siegfried Sasoon (AKA Wash and Go), and
> wilfred Owen? What joy......

Yep, Owen, Sasoon, Brookes and all the Propagandists. I like studying WW1 poets, especially Owen, he was one bitter man (I can see why though!)

> Pardoners tale for chaucer?

Nope, Wife of Bath (The Prologue.) Her prologue is brilliant, its all about how she marries 5 men, three of whom are old men she marries for their money, one cheats on her and the last one she has a physical fight with! The Wife of Bath WAS the 14th Century 'Eastenders'!

Only did 2 hours today (The garden was too tempting so I had to give up on revision and sit in the sun!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.