GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GT4 Rumour"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Mon 14/04/03 at 20:14
Regular
There is a rumour that GT4 will feature 2000 cars and 100 tracks.

While this sounds interesting, in my view one of the joys of the GT series is that you have to learn the tracks, knowing when to brake and how fast you can go - trimming tenths of a second off your time - surely with 100 tracks, you would not be able to do this?

Furthermore with many of the tracks pure genius, would they sacrifice quality to ensure quantity?

2000 Cars, huh? As I recall GT2 had 600+.. who seriously drove all these? In my view there were too many, with a lot of these being a bit lacklustre - who wants to race family saloons and People Carriers? Me, I want 500 bhp+ sports cars on finely honed tracks which I know well.

I'd rather they implemented improved AI and car damage instead of this....
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:26
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
It should be out in Japan in time for Xmas (2003), release dates will be published at next months E3 show, UK should get it April to June next year :(
Fri 18/04/03 at 18:03
Regular
"i like cars!!!!!!"
when is this comeing out then or don't you know yet.
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:14
Regular
"  "
Probably both, but GT is the longer lasting game. Especially with the Driving Forcee wheel. Mmmmmm. :)
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:13
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
GTA better than GT - I think not, which one will still be around in 5 or 10 years time ? I say no more
Tue 15/04/03 at 14:01
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Better than crappy GT :-D
Tue 15/04/03 at 14:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
No-one is talking about GTA.
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:57
Regular
Apparently the new GTA game will be called "Sin City"....
Tue 15/04/03 at 11:36
Regular
"  "
The way I see it is that there will be specifically designed tracks for different types of racing. So rather than having a few that are made for highspeed racing aka GT3, I see them putting in small windy tracks to add more fun to the 'Family Saloon' races. I see it as a good thang! But there needs to be damage! Damage that spreads across the track and causes loads of grief! Ooo Ah!
Tue 15/04/03 at 09:41
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Unless they put car damage in...and a substantial amount of tracks.

You know they're both in the article, right?
Tue 15/04/03 at 09:36
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Roll on the Jap release, being online, most of the cars and tracks will be downloadable and won't feature in the original release disc of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.