GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chipping your PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 10:48
Regular
Sun 25/11/01 at 10:48
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Sun 25/11/01 at 18:07
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
well i see u have a point, why can't they just realise the game in the whole world at one time. it would reduce people buying import copies.
Sun 25/11/01 at 18:26
Regular
Creating pirate games for the PS2 is not woth it. DVD writers cost a bomb, and so do blank DVDs. It is very hard to get hold of the right CDs for copying PS2 games. And the CDs scratch too easily. Errr........ Someone told me, I think.
Sun 25/11/01 at 18:29
Regular
"WWJD"
i agree with magma dragoon they should just release the games all at the same time whats the point in releasen them in another country before others and it is always britian who get it last. This is just another reason why i go and live in america
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:37
Regular
why you WISH to live in america longy i wouldnt mind either
Mon 26/11/01 at 13:19
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Piracy kills games.

No more needs to be said.

(apart from that sentence)

(and that one)

(etc)
Mon 26/11/01 at 15:50
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
Yup, piracy does kill games to one degree or another, but it's a fact of the industry. It never has been, and never will be under control. The current price of DVD writers will come down, as did CD writers. When they were first released, they cost a bomb. In a year, maybe two, it'll be financially viable for anyone anywhere to start knocking off cheap copies of PS2 games.

Now, I'm not condoning it. It's harms the industry, and it's illegal. But isn't it tempting when you can get exactly the same gameplaying experience for a tenth of the price? You can see why it's so rife.

I like the Ninty approach with GameCube - use different media. While this won't stop someone determined to pirate the software, it will make it nigh on impossible for the average bod. The only problem with this is that it then raises the cost of production of the game for the publisher. I'd be interested to know the difference in manufacturing costs between standard CD/DVD and Ninty's Mini-DVD. I wonder whether the extra cost over the life of the machine compares with estimated predicted losses to publishers due to piracy if a more standard media was used.

Cheery-bye.
Mon 26/11/01 at 16:22
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Ummm, did SR replace Ginger's post with that asterisk?
Mon 26/11/01 at 16:28
"High polygon count"
Yup.

Didn't catch the original, but it obviously contained something offensive or illegal.
Mon 26/11/01 at 18:28
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Mr SR,

Why was my post deleted ???, it contained nothing of harm to anyone - have you banned free speech ??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.