GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question - Will GC run on PS2's leads?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/04/03 at 15:28
Regular
A friend of mine wants to get a GC, but his TV is yonks old, and he wants to know if the GC works with the old lead you use with PSone, that also works with PS2? It's not a SCART cable, but people with PlayStation 1s will know what I mean.
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:28
Regular
A friend of mine wants to get a GC, but his TV is yonks old, and he wants to know if the GC works with the old lead you use with PSone, that also works with PS2? It's not a SCART cable, but people with PlayStation 1s will know what I mean.
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hmm. I *think* it will work. I tried it round a mates house once when he insisted he had a SCART TV over the phone, then I got there and he didn't (blummin' chimp) so we tried using his PSX cable on his really old TV... the cable fit into the Cube socket, only we couldn't get the TV to tune... but I reckon that was the TV not the cable... anyhoo. It should work...
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:37
Regular
It's got the same connection the GameCube RF has does it?
Tue 15/04/03 at 15:51
Regular
Sibs, was the picture quality the same.

Edgy, don't ask, I have no idea about these things.
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:05
Regular
I doubt it will work.
I just checked my Cube and the three sockets at the back are much wider than that of the PS's and PS2's.
Unless it can go in one of the ports at the bottom. BUt I highly doubt that.
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:06
Regular
Anyway, he can buy the RF adapter surely?
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:09
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
the connector (at the console end) is usually very slightly different meaning you have to buy another product :(
Those devious console manufacturers
Wed 16/04/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Meh, I shall now go nick the leads for my Bros PSX and see if it works... I must be bored...
Wed 16/04/03 at 13:54
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Hmmm... his PSX seems to have disappeared... musta taken it round someones house...

But all I remember is that round a mates house his analogue PSX cable fit into the Cube analogue out socket... the Cube socket has a little square hole bit on top of it, and the Cube cable has a little square bit on top to fit into the hole... the PSX I don't think has this little square on its cable/socket, so the Cube cable won't work with the PSX (the square bit jutting out from the top would have to be cut off...) but the PSX one should fit in the Cube since it has no square... (If ya know what I mean...)

Whether or not it works I don't know (we couldn't tune my mates ancient TV... you had to get a screwdriver and twist these funny plastic circles to tune it which proved faaaar too much hassle) but I can't see why it wouldn't work...
Thu 17/04/03 at 01:29
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I was going to lend my GC to my mate before but his TV didn't have a scart socket so he tried to use his old PS cables but there's a little square bit that won't let the cable fit.

I reckon if you sawed it off though it should be fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.