GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-BOX - DVD PLAYER OR NOT?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 02:13
Regular
i've touched on this b4 with wookie, and i said x-box does play dvd's, but wookie said it doesn't.

now i have been on a couple of x-box web pages and they all say the x-box will play dvd movies (here is a quote from one of them) : "The Xbox is not intended to be an entertainment center but it will contain the ability to play DVD movies."

if the x-box doesnt play dvd movies can u tell me where u got your info from. as i would really like to know if it actually does or not!! plus as i mentiond somewhere b4 the offical specs state it has a dvd drive (why would it include this if it does not have the capability to play dvds?) please explain to one hopefull x-box owner. :S
Sun 25/11/01 at 02:13
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
i've touched on this b4 with wookie, and i said x-box does play dvd's, but wookie said it doesn't.

now i have been on a couple of x-box web pages and they all say the x-box will play dvd movies (here is a quote from one of them) : "The Xbox is not intended to be an entertainment center but it will contain the ability to play DVD movies."

if the x-box doesnt play dvd movies can u tell me where u got your info from. as i would really like to know if it actually does or not!! plus as i mentiond somewhere b4 the offical specs state it has a dvd drive (why would it include this if it does not have the capability to play dvds?) please explain to one hopefull x-box owner. :S
Sun 25/11/01 at 02:21
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Lifted from the Xbox site:

"The Xbox DVD Movie Playback Kit is a quick way to expand the functionality of the best gaming machine around! Xbox requires this kit to enable DVD movie playback. Simply plug in the infrared receiver to a controller port and use the remote control designed for DVD movie playback. No messy cables or confusing game controllers to deal with!"

So, it can play them, but not out of the box. This set is $30, so a quick conversation to sterling..£30 over here. Quite a lot for a remote + reciever on top of what is already a fairly expensive piece of kit..
Sun 25/11/01 at 10:58
Yep that is write the X BOX comes with a DVD player that DOES NOT WORK you need to get a thing ( like he said for £30) to get it working
Sun 25/11/01 at 18:27
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
oh rite, i c now.

thanx for clearing that up guys.
Tue 27/11/01 at 09:36
Regular
"accidental superher"
you get a remote with it which has LOADSA features on it.....
Tue 27/11/01 at 22:06
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
saying that, you get a modem and hard drive for free... which will sot more than £30 to get on the PS2...

Saying that, xbox is £100 more than ps2... hmmm

Sonic
Tue 27/11/01 at 23:07
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
But will you be able to get scart playback with an X-box?
Wed 28/11/01 at 22:42
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
dont compare the x-box 2 the ps2, ps2 was 299 when it was released but that was 1 year ago, x-box has 750 mhz , ps2 has 300, hmmmmmmmmm.
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:23
Regular
"Don't mess"
yes and no

get a dvd pack and yes

just get the XBOX then no
Thu 14/02/02 at 11:49
Regular
Reaper[oV] wrote:

This set is $30, so a quick conversation to
> sterling..£30 over here. Quite a lot for a remote + reciever on top of
> what is already a fairly expensive piece of kit..

hmmmmmmmmm Reaper do you own a PS2? the official DVD remote costs £30 that could be deemed as a ripp off. Yes X Box doesnt automatically come with DVD support like PS2 cz that aint X Box's aim, it doesnt want to be some s****y entertainment unit like the PS2 which too rightly DOES suck. Dreamcast had better games, more playability. PS2 has only a FEW superb games. blah blah blah yu'll say FInal fantasy metal gear etc Theyre not released yet they hav had lemme think urrr 1 superb game - GTA3 haha later! bring on X Box i jus hope i can sell my heap of PS2 junk quick enuff

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.