GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Chat Facebook Page."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/09/10 at 14:15
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Just looked up Freeola Chat to see if you had a FB page. Had to fight through a few cobwebs to get in though.

Would it not be a good idea for it to get a wee update? I know we have a good banter on here, but if we can all converse on the FB page a bit more then maybe more of our friends would be more inclined to join up on here?
Thu 09/09/10 at 14:15
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Just looked up Freeola Chat to see if you had a FB page. Had to fight through a few cobwebs to get in though.

Would it not be a good idea for it to get a wee update? I know we have a good banter on here, but if we can all converse on the FB page a bit more then maybe more of our friends would be more inclined to join up on here?
Thu 09/09/10 at 14:24
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
This has already been discussed elsewhere on the forums, and a quick search would reveal all :D

But just for you.. :D

The account was set up unofficially (albeit by a member of staff at the time), and as such is not actually operated by Freeola Ltd or it's official representatives.
Thu 09/09/10 at 14:25
Regular
"How Ironic"
There have been many suggestions to integrate Freeola into social networking sites, particularly Facebook. Personally, I think it's a great idea, but the danger is that the forums would come to disuse.
Thu 09/09/10 at 14:28
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Ahh, ok then fair doos. Might still be a good idea to start one up though?
Thu 09/09/10 at 14:40
Regular
"How Ironic"
I think a more active and up-to-date one would be a good idea. Updates such as recent winners, current competitions that are being run, and general freeola promotions could be posted to people's facebook feeds. I for one would not mind setting a page up and keeping it up to date, but it's really something that needs a following to work, and also Freeola's backing.
Thu 09/09/10 at 14:45
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Personally, I think it's a great idea, but the danger is that the forums would come to disuse.

That would be a risk of course, but if the site wants to expand this is obviously a problem that could rear its ugly head. It's a tricky situation, right now the site is well presented and pretty much spam free, so it would be a shame to see it wasted.
Thu 09/09/10 at 14:54
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> but the danger is that the forums would come to disuse.

Not by me they wouldn't! I'm only just getting back into posting on forums. Plus I'm always getting into trouble for not checking FB as it is now. If you all ended up moving enmass over there instead of in here I'd end up talking to myself*

* I know - nothing new there then :)
Thu 09/09/10 at 14:55
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
We have had this idea a few times too, and it was decided this again is not the way we want to go.

Interactive update sites can be very useful for generating traffic, however the upkeep and maintenance they require does not seem to be justified by end results (as seen from our Twitter exp. lately).
Thu 09/09/10 at 15:12
Regular
"How Ironic"
End of the day we want to encourage people to visit the forums, not any Facebook page :) This is where the magic happens.
Fri 10/09/10 at 09:19
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Interactive update sites can be very useful for generating
> traffic, however the upkeep and maintenance they require does not
> seem to be justified by end results (as seen from our Twitter
> exp. lately).

FWIW I still follow Freeola twitter! I'm your very first follower :¬P

To some of my clients that have Twitter accounts for their businesses I suggest creating a weekly reminder (in Outlook or similar) to force them to tweet at least once a week for example to show things are still alive.

It only takes a few minutes and most businesses can rustle up something constructive to say. So isn't much of an overhead.

If it's not for them then I recommend they update things to say - just "visit our main site" to stop from them from appearing neglected. Perhaps this is what should happen to the FB site?

EDIT: I'm not a FB fan or user but I know plenty are.
[s]Hmmm...[/s] @twitter

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.