GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Say I have £400 and..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
On the shelves there is the PS2, Gamecube and X-Box.

I have deceided its time to buy a console and a few games... well its your job to convince me what one to get and which games...

Remember I am not biast and have little idea on them all, so sticks at the ready and fight it out...

GO!
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Excommunicated"
On the shelves there is the PS2, Gamecube and X-Box.

I have deceided its time to buy a console and a few games... well its your job to convince me what one to get and which games...

Remember I am not biast and have little idea on them all, so sticks at the ready and fight it out...

GO!
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:36
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Not an X-box because you need another £100 for the console, I think.
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:36
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
PS2 = £200

Memory Card = £30

Extra Controller = £15

GTA3 = £35

Gran Turismo 3 = £35

Metal Gear Solid 2 (Out February) = £35

Total = £350

---

£50 left to go and have a good night out! ;-)
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:41
As you said
> On the shelves there is the PS2, Gamecube and X-Box.
The only one available in the UK at the moment is the PS2.
Personally this is the one that I will buy (when I get £200) because the games are widely available now and are of excellent quality GT3 & Resident Evil Code Veronica.
You can also play DVDs on it and with special reserve's free remote control with 5 reddies (Plug Plug) you can watch from the comfort of your arm chair. however you will need a piece of software unless you like green films. The DVD region X also available from special Reserve wil remove the green tint from the scart cable and let you play DVDs from all regions not just 2 (Europe)
Plus it is only £199.99 with the remote control (www.ukps2.com) for more deals. It is also available now so order today and you should have it by the start of December.
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:47
yep get a PS2 for 1 simple reason PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER! its superb
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:52
"period drama"
then what?
throw it away?

no, even better, sell it, then buy a new one with a better game.
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:53
Regular
Allow me to edit this post, so that the topic it is trying to start is more clearly put forward.

SHEEPY wrote:
> On the shelves there is the PS2, Gamecube and X-Box.

>I have deceided its time to start a new console war, and a few games battles...

>well its your job to convince me what one to get and which games...

Remember I am not biast and have little idea on them
> all, so sticks at the ready and fight it out...

>GO!

Nice one Sheepy! However, I think I`ll stay out of this war!
Sat 24/11/01 at 15:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Where are all the stick lot???

Come on, entertain me, errrr I mean convince me.

:D
Sat 24/11/01 at 15:47
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
£400 quid?

Well, you could buy a PS2 now from SR and win GAD so thats 200 quid with one game. Play that, win more games etc

THEN buy GameCube when it comes out and use your "Crap" PS2 for a seat. Or a stick...

Oh nooo I said it! STICKS, GET THE STICKS. :o)
Sun 25/11/01 at 00:41
Regular
Get a Second hand Atari Jaguar, and with the rest of the money you could pretty much buy every game realeased for it, and maybe just maybe still have some money for the bus ride home.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.