GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Say I have £400 and..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
On the shelves there is the PS2, Gamecube and X-Box.

I have deceided its time to buy a console and a few games... well its your job to convince me what one to get and which games...

Remember I am not biast and have little idea on them all, so sticks at the ready and fight it out...

GO!
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:44
mystique unblock me now!
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:38
Regular
Get a PS2
why?
- its a damn good console with a wide range of games both kiddie and gut wrenching blood feasts

-it plays DVDs straight out of the box without any need for any add-ons

-it looks good(especially with the official vertical stand)

-the joypads dont make your hands look and feel like a 105 year old womans after an all nighter of GTA3

-it'll still work after you drop it

-it has the cool little playstation logo that you can adjust for when the PS2 is standing up

- its out now so you dont have to wait

- metal gear 2 metal gear 2 metal gear 2

-if you want you can have upto eight players

-GT3 on i-link...hell yeah!

-you can sniper old ladies and steal their money after their heads have exploded

-because i said so

-you can play all of your old PSone games on it

-you can use the CD tray as a mug holder

-theres a secret compartment that imps keep their gold in around the back of the PS2.

and finally

METAL GEAR SOLID 2!
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:33
want me to add you? u didnt like me b4 did u.
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:31
i changed my name coz i was bored with it and my hotmail addy has changed thats why im never online !if u wanna add me my new one is

d34n0_5pum0n1
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:25
d34n0 2k2 wrote:
> yep, and over msn aswell, i used to vigilante9

o yeah, i remember u mate. swinger ding ding? why are you never online and how come you changed your name?
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:23
yep, and over msn aswell, i used to vigilante9
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:19
d34n0 2k2 wrote:
> hey big slow, aint spoken to u for a while, any way...

Gamecubes choice of
> storage media shows they havent really learnt from their mistakes, the n64 carts
> had a very small storage space compared to the CD format and now their cutdown
> DVD'esque format is still way behind the pack for how much it can hold. I was
> reading in a official ps2 mag about headhunter and apperently its takes over 2
> gigs of storage... ull never see games like that on gamecube just because it
> cant hold that amount !!!!!

HI, but urm have we ever spoken at all? anyway hi im big_slow. i have a PS2 and a game cube on pre order thats why i picked those 2 consoles.
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:05
Regular
hit mountain Goat wiv corn flake

get a PS2
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:05
hey big slow, aint spoken to u for a while, any way...

Gamecubes choice of storage media shows they havent really learnt from their mistakes, the n64 carts had a very small storage space compared to the CD format and now their cutdown DVD'esque format is still way behind the pack for how much it can hold. I was reading in a official ps2 mag about headhunter and apperently its takes over 2 gigs of storage... ull never see games like that on gamecube just because it cant hold that amount !!!!!
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:01
PS2 or game cube. if you get ps2 its likely your mates will have one and you can swap games and stuff but if you get game cube youll be the special kid.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.