GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spoilt Little Gits..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 22:17
Regular
Well its the truth, the majority of you lot are what say 14? You come on and go blah de blah de bloody blah.

" Oooh I have a Dreamcast, Playstation and Playstation 2 but I can't wait till I get a Gamecube and X-Box... even thought I don't like anything but my gameboy and Pokemon "

Wise up, be bloody grateful to have what you have. Now I come from a fairly wealthy back ground I suppose, just I am not spoiled... never have been, never will be, thanks to my great parents... and why I have such a superb personality and my views and morals rock, unlike you lot who the only problem in your lifes is that on Level 7 of Tomb Raider or something you can't make that jump.

Now I might be being a bit harsh but for a selected minority on here I see you as being that... what I try to understand is... your just a young teenager and you have all these games and consoles where do they come from?

Now me, I have a PC, thats it. I'm not really a hardcore gamer, never really have been or ever will be with school these days, its just something I do when I'm bored or want to challenge myself. Then theres those who I don't see as being spoilt but are into games and any cash they have they buy with it... I know for a fact Grix worked his asss off during Summer for money to get his Gamecube... theres those who get a console and games for Christmas, I find that totally reasonable... you wait for it all year, get it at Christmas, respect it and like it more.

However for those who come on here saying there getting it when it comes out... from where? you making your parents flog £300 like that... you don't necessary need to be wealthy to be spolit... just all money is spent on you... then theres those who get a £300 console for their birthdays... this I'm not too sure, I don't get that much spent on me at birthdays, don't mind. Its in January after Christmas so id forgotten about but no way would I EVEN ASK MY PARENTS to flock £300 at my birthday.

I will get shot for this but just look at yourself... I hope you appreciate your parenst love for you, I already do without them throwing money at me... just respect what you've got and be happy of th family you've got... stop coming on here like spolit brats and arguing over stuff... discussions is what you do, you know the civilised manner of stating views not what Goatboy got to a tee:

" Soyn beated up Nintedeo any dazs of week "

Why did I deceide to write this? My parents are buying me far too much for Christmas and I'm not happy with them... you must think I'm sort of retard, they say I "deserve" it this year with all my grades and such... NO . Yes dad might have got an increase in wages but no I'm happy way things are and so should you.

As for the oldies... they have jobs there allowed to spent £300+ when they want, can't you? :D

Just think in future you lot, going to live off your parents forever? You don't need to get a big job, I'm not, I'm owning a record shop... but I will be looking after myself instead of being spoilt through my life expecting other people to look after me.

No posts saying, who are you talking about? To be honest I don't know... just when I read these posts it makes me angry and not just you lot, people who are like that in general.

Thats Me

*Lights fade*

*Radiohead played*

*Sheepy trips up and falls on face, nobody but Ant sees him as he is taking wee in corner*
Fri 23/11/01 at 23:03
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I am to a degree, I do get rewards, but I know there's a limit on what I can realistically get - hardware and stuff I have to buy myself, and work for the money. I appreciate what I get off my parents, but I seem to be asking for less the more I do my own work, buying it from money I earned seems infinitely more satisfying. Also leaves less money, but hey...Asked what I wanted for christmas and I didn't have a clue what to say - don't want things just for the sake of it, and I have what I really wanted..

Alternatively:

I not sploied!
I smash parents wiv stick, get what I want!
Fri 23/11/01 at 23:01
I expect everybody gets spoilt at one point in their lives.

If people go on about it though, that's when it gets really annoying.

"Oh guess what, I have the latest bike out. Cost my parents loads of dosh"

There were loads of kids like this when I was in secondary school. It becomes tiresome.
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:58
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
I dont get rewarded and I dont use my parents money. Ok I get pocket money. And yes I get normal stuff like boxers and some clothes and trainers and footy boots etc

I aint saying im poor, but I buy most my thing myself. Ok, my telly and my VCR were bought for me.

But I buy things that spolit kids get bought for them. Bike, console, pc etc etc.

I S'pose I get spolit a little bit but dosen't everyone?
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:58
Don't need no stick, I have my saiyan powers

God, I feel silly.
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't like the whole "rewarding" thing either, but hey thats me...

Its not just throwing money at spolit children, let them have their own way, turn blind eye to their bad behaviour, don't damn teach them right and give them far too much attention at wrong times.

Damn Dirty Moron Parents

Come on I wanna see the stick patrol... :D
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:54
I didn't get spoilt that much as a kid. Once my brothers were born, they got spoilt.

Didn't really bother me too much, I was happy with what I had, and if I did get something, then I would look after it. And besides, there was nothing like saving up your hard earned cash to buy a Megadrive game. If someone just gives you the money and says,"go get what you want", it wouldn't have felt as good, as though you earned it (wouldn't have complained though).
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:54
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Thats true. My mum decided to buy me a PC last year because she felt that I will need it for my schoolwork and researching stuff on the net and stuff. She would never pay over £1000 if I wanted to play games on it.
My parents reward me if I do something good eg. get good grades, help them out a lot and things like that..
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Come on where are the "smash you wic stick lot", my topic will be losing its purpose...

I guess they can't go out at night... :)
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:49
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'm 15

GasMask see when you say " I bought... ", usuing your parents money doesn't count ;)

I'm not saying you should work for everything at this age. At 15 you can't get a "proper" job only get paid £10 a week to get up ridicolusly early and deliever papers... bloody stupid, did that for a month.

My parents buy me stuff IF I NEED IT, its the whole point of respecting your stuff, its impossible at 14/15 to buy everything with your own things... it just is.
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:44
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Im 14. I work for everything I buy. I bought my pc. My bike. My n64. My hi-fi my clothes etc etc

I am currently saving for a GC and why am I not spoilt? Because my parents havn't got the bloody money to spoil me.
Even if they tried.

Then we get some people who are getting a PS2 with 5 games and a brand new bike. Costing 500+

I mean WTF? 500 quid! Sheesh.

Spolit kids do not get the proper start in life. They are "Feeding" off their parents. Just you wait, until the real life comes along.

Learn Hard. Only Way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.