GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X Box Classic !!!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/04/03 at 11:21
Regular
The x-box classic has started and each game is only £20

Some of the titles are

1.Crash Bandicoot
2.Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3.Dead or Alive 3
4.amped
5.Munch's Oddessy
6.Burnout
7.James Bond : Agent Under Fire

+ there is more

State of Emergancy has now been released for the x box and it is only £20
Wed 16/04/03 at 20:24
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
> I wrote:

> One is mainly made for arcade games designed for a quick
> blast, GC (In my opinion of course) And the X-Box has slightly more
> serious games. That's the way I see it anyway.

cookie monster wrote:
> You see, i think the exact opposite is true.

Yea I appreciate that, and as I said, I think I may give my Cube a chance now. It's been sitting gathering dust for months. I'm going into town at the weekend so I'll see what catches my attention, like Monkey Ball 2.

I've just been enjoying my other consoles so much that the GC has maybe not been given a 'fair' chance.
Wed 16/04/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
DOA3, i'll gwt that soon. Ater playing the demo today, i loved it. I might wait for DOA4, though. hmm...
Wed 16/04/03 at 20:15
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Lou Roll wrote

> One is mainly made for arcade games designed for a quick
> blast, GC (In my opinion of course) And the X-Box has slightly more
> serious games. That's the way I see it anyway.

You see, i think the exact opposite is true.
Wed 16/04/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Pumpkinist wrote:
> Sure, arcadey games like Mario Sunshine, Legend Of Zelda, Skies Of
> Arcadia Summoner, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil....
>
> Couldn't help myself.
>
> :P

:)

Okay, it does have some games that take a more serious approach, but there's just something I don't like about the Cube. I can't figure out what it is yet but I prefer my other consoles more, I just don't play the GameCube much.

I am going to try some more games though and see if it gets any better, because a lot of people say it is a good machine, and I appreciate Nintendo are the only 'proper' gaming company that make consoles now. So I'll keep it and give it a chance.
Wed 16/04/03 at 19:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Sure, arcadey games like Mario Sunshine, Legend Of Zelda, Skies Of Arcadia Summoner, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil....

Couldn't help myself.

:P
Wed 16/04/03 at 19:50
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
AfroJoe wrote:
> Why anyone would ditch a GameCube for an Xbox baffles me.

Well I didn't quite ditch my GC for the X-Box, but since I got my X-Box I've barely touched the Cube. But this will change at the weekend however, I shall be getting Super Monkey Ball 2, looks top.

The thing is, X-Box and GC are 2 entirely different styles of consoles. One is mainly made for arcade games designed for a quick blast, GC (In my opinion of course) And the X-Box has slightly more serious games. That's the way I see it anyway.
Wed 16/04/03 at 19:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Players Choice has only 3 (at the moment) but they kick all the games in that list.

True, there are not as many, but you could buy Cube equivalents for just as cheap now.

Probably.
Wed 16/04/03 at 18:42
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Warra selection....
It's better than the Player's Choice range. What a half arsed effort.
Wed 16/04/03 at 17:50
Regular
"He's back"
State of emergancy kicks.
Wed 16/04/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
This range does have good games in, but nothing can be called a 'classic' until the next console generation come along and take things from the game.

Goldeneye IS what I call a real classic, and the original Mariokart is too.

Full List:

1.Crash Bandicoot - Nope
2.Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Laughable
3.Dead or Alive 3 - Good game, but not a 'classic', worth a butchers
4.Amped - Good game, apart from the odd controls (when you've been playing Activision O2 games worth £20
5.Munch's Oddessy - Could be one, I enjoyed this immensly along the lines of how I played Mario 64 and Banjo
6.Burnout - Good
7.James Bond : Agent Under Fire - They are joking
8.Moto GP - Good again
9.Project Gotham Racing - I hate this. Crap
10.Spiderman the Movie - Alright not worth my money though(dig at PS2 here, its on platinum too)
11.Max Payne - Not to bad, too easy and short though
12.SSX Tricky - Brill - Worth £20
13.Tony Hawk's 3 - Yes the series are classic, and this was the best till thps4, worth the money if you can't afford THPS4
14.Rallysport Challenge - Never played
15. Wreckless - Is a swear word, Diabolical.

And thats my run-down

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.