GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Namco/Sega Merge?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/04/03 at 13:50
Regular
According to Japanese newspaper Nihon Keizai Shimbun the two big names are merging.
I can see why it could happen: They are both large game developers for the arcades and home consoles in Japan and worldwide. Namco are doing better in some areas of the market in Japan then Sega so it would help Sega if they merged. Likewise Sega have a strong international presence so it would help Namco if they merged.

Apparently here Namco confirm it: http://www.namco.co.jp/home/pr/20030417/ but it's in Japanese, so I wouldn't know.
Thu 17/04/03 at 13:58
Regular
ah here's the translation:
Reporting authorized personnel everyone Concerning reporting regarding the merger proposition to the Sega corporation As reported, the fact that merger is offered formally from our company vis-a-vis the Sega corporation is fact. Our company and the Sega corporation from September 20th of 2001, we tie the inclusion business tie-up contract in amusement business field. After that, we were advancing story from last year destined for entire integration, but we had discontinued at one time with the desire of the Sega corporation. To compete this time again, as a long time rival the Sega corporation and our company which haul amusement industry, keeps combining strength in all business fields showed the largest integrated effect, those which contribute to also the development of amusement industry were convinced, concerning merger offered.
Thu 17/04/03 at 13:55
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Ack. This will put a damper on my Nintendo buying Sega plan.
Thu 17/04/03 at 13:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
According to Japanese newspaper Nihon Keizai Shimbun the two big names are merging.
I can see why it could happen: They are both large game developers for the arcades and home consoles in Japan and worldwide. Namco are doing better in some areas of the market in Japan then Sega so it would help Sega if they merged. Likewise Sega have a strong international presence so it would help Namco if they merged.

Apparently here Namco confirm it: http://www.namco.co.jp/home/pr/20030417/ but it's in Japanese, so I wouldn't know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.